+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swype Beta for Android News

Swype Beta for Android News

We re-launched the Swype Beta for Android in June, but registration is currently closed. You may register to be notified when it re-opens, and read more about it, here: http://beta.swype.com/
    Last edited by brian1; 08-29-2010 at 4:34 PM.

Can I install Swype on my other 2 Androids?

It says Beta is closed right now, but since I am a registered user, can I still download Swype to my other two Android devices?

Quote Originally Posted by brian1 View Post
    We re-launched the Swype Beta for Android in June, but registration is currently closed. You may register to be notified when it re-opens, and read more about it, here: http://beta.swype.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rsheffield View Post
    It says Beta is closed right now, but since I am a registered user, can I still download Swype to my other two Android devices?
    Absolutely! As an active beta user, you can download Swype any time by logging in at http://beta.swype.com, clicking the "resend activation email" link in the lower right corner, and following the instructions that are emailed to you.

If you still have the original activation email we sent when you were first accepted into the beta program, you can just use the link in that email as well; no need to resend the activation email in that case.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy Updated firmware

I updated my mytouch3g to cyanogen mod 6 to enjoy foyo as I couldn't wait for tmobile anymore. I still have my registration email so I used it to re download the installer and swype. the thing is I can type but not swype as an error appears telling my that

"the swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality. please contact swype about this issue"

And I am following swype's advice as I love it more than my unborn children. please help!

EDIT by Admin: This forum is not supposed to allow posting if you're not registered. Not to mention, this is in entirely the wrong forum. Please register an account, read all of the troubleshooting instructions and post in the proper forum if necessary. Thanks!
    Last edited by brian.resnik; 08-31-2010 at 10:44 PM.

When will swype be released?

Hi,

I have used swype briefly on a friends phone and love it. How come it isn't available openly for download? I don't understand how companies like samsung can send it out preinstalled on their new galaxy yet it isn't available for download in the android market. Surely if it's good enough for them it's good enough for release. Even if it needed updating at a later date that can't be a problem- some of my apps update weekly!

Thanks

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jay84uk View Post
    Hi,

I have used swype briefly on a friends phone and love it. How come it isn't available openly for download? I don't understand how companies like samsung can send it out preinstalled on their new galaxy yet it isn't available for download in the android market. Surely if it's good enough for them it's good enough for release. Even if it needed updating at a later date that can't be a problem- some of my apps update weekly!

Thanks

Jamie
    We have considered a direct-download sales model, but there are two challenges to that approach:
    • Customer Support - Providing Swype users with the level of professional support they deserve is a priority for us. We're still a small (but quickly growing!) company, and we don't have the resources necessary to support a full end-user sales model. It is much more efficent for us to focus on improving Swype and to partner with large organizations like Samsung and T-Mobile who already have customer support structures in place.
    • Device integration - Swype isn't just an app; it's a keyboard - the most widely used piece of software on a device. It interacts with nearly every single application on the phone. As such, it's more like a system component than an application. For each device release we do a tremendous amount of testing and we *always* find issues due to the varying components - the OS version, the device hardware, the OEM UI implementation, etc. In addition, some features can't be implemented without an OEM's engineering assistance. We end up doing a large amount of work on each device to be sure that you have a great experience entering text using Swype.
    So, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but we are not ready to do direct-downloads at this time.

I signed up for Swype beta when I first got my Evo, and never received the Download link. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Walker View Post
    I signed up for Swype beta when I first got my Evo, and never received the Download link. Please help!
    If you registered after the beta closed in June, there's not much we can do to help. You'll be notified once the beta re-opens down the line.

I have a different phone from the original one I had when I signed up for Swype Beta. How can I install Swype on my new phone? Your old FAQ page said to send you and email with my new MEID and email address, but when I did that, I got a return email referring me here.

I registered and received the download link and used Swype for about a month. Then I switched phones and now when I try to install Swype it says the phone ID isnt the same as the registration. I sent the emails according to the troubleshooting and then receive a email today directing me to this forum. How do I proceed?

+ Reply to Thread