How to report a bug!
If we can't reproduce the bug on our end, the odds of us tracking down the cause are much lower. Here's what we need from you!
Use the following steps to make a post in our Bug Reports
- Search the Swype Forum! More often than not, someone else has already had your problem and may already have reported it. If you see a thread that describes the problem you've seen, simply add any information you can to the existing thread - do not start a new thread, as we'll merely merge it into an existing on.
- When posting, please include the following information:
- Device Make/Model
- Wireless Carrier
- Android Version (Check in Android Settings > About device > Android Version)
- ROM Version (Stock? Custom ROM?)
- Are you a root user? (If you don't know what this means then the answer is 'No.')
- Swype Version (Found in Settings > Preferences > About or Settings > Help)
- A detailed, step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce your problem.
- If you are reporting a crash, please include debugging logs in your post. Instructions for gathering logs are found below.
- Remember to be as detailed as possible when posting bugs. The more information we have, and the clearer the picture of your problem is, the better we'll be able to track down the issue!
Submitting Debugging Logs (a.k.a "logcat")
Sometimes you'll be asked by the staff or other users to submit something called a "logcat" (comedically referred to as a "lolcat"). These are the steps for obtaining and submitting a logcat:
- Download a logcat application (such as SendLog or aLogcat(free)) from Google Play. (NOTE: Logging may not work on Jelly Bean (4.1-4.3) unless you are ROOTED)
- Immediately launch SendLog when you encounter your issue (i.e. a crash), select Time, and when prompted for an email address, enter your own personal email.
- In a few moments, you'll receive an email containing your debugging logs.
- Please do not paste your logs directly into your post. Instead, we ask that you use PasteBin.com to store your log. That site will provide you with a link which you can add to your post.