+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice Icon Missing

Question Voice Icon Missing

I forgot to uninstall the beta before upgrading my Sprint SGSIII to LI3, which includes a version of Swype.

The beta says there is a 1.1.1, but also says it's installed, but the version showing in about is 1.1.0.7309.

How can I fix this, if at all?

Also, I appear to have lost the ability to speak or use the handwriting keyboards.

Is a factory reset in my future or is there a way to avoid that?

Swype install on Samsung Galaxy SIII with update

There is not option for voice input now that there was an update to the SIII that brought Swype with it. I was running beta and I wish I had it back. Any word on if voice input can be added back?

I've also one this. How do we get speech to text back? I'm really missing it..
    Galaxy S3
    Swype 1.1.0.7309 installed

Can't get newer version.

Having the same problem. Anyone from Swype reading this?

Question Voice Icon Missing

Voice-to-text icon (microphone or the fire icon) no longer shows up. It's there under the Samsung default keyboard, but not under Swype (the enter key is just twice as big).

Samsung Galaxy S3
    Sprint
    Android 4.0.4

I'm running a stock never-rooted S3. I stupidly and blindly took the Sprint LI3 update this morning not knowing that Swype was bundled therewith. Now, as those above have indicated, the beta installation is no longer available and the installer doesn't offer any downloads.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Same Issue

I was pushed a Sprint OS update a couple days ago and now the "fire" voice to talk button is missing from my SWYPE keyboard and I want it back!!

I assume this is because the Sprint OS upgrade now includes a production version of the SWYPE keyboard where it did not come with the Galaxy S3 when I first bought it, thus the reason for the download of SWYPE Beta. I cannot believe that a production version of SWYPE would not be as good as the Beta version with the Dragon voice recognition option.

Can somone please provide any further information on why that feature is missing from the production version of the SWYPE keyboard or how to get it back?

Are you guys using Swype Beta (the latest) or some z Sprint specific version of Swype?

I too am having this issue, need advice on what to do to get swype beta back.

+ Reply to Thread