View Poll Results: Do You Want To Choose Your Own Dictation?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

167 97.66%
  • No...

4 2.34%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Dragon be made optional for Swype, please?

Can Dragon be made optional for Swype, please?

Hi,
    I think there should be an option to choose which voice input user would like to use on ICS because the google voice input is a lot more powerful than dragon dictation (also more lanugage)... Besides, it's not that hard to integrate it since google has document online showing how to add them into apps.

Thanks,
    Jack
    Last edited by ubcjack; 02-16-2012 at 1:38 PM.

Yes, pleeeeaaaase!

And we all know that we can pull down notification bar and choose input - google voice input that way. But this takes a lot more action than just clicking the microphone button. So please don't post this as a solution.

Yes, the ICS voice recognition is great please allow us easy access.

Dragon bought swype, so unfortunately, they won't support it

Quote Originally Posted by stevo208 View Post
    Dragon is constantly terminating while I am still talking, or continuing to listen indefinitely after I stop talking. If they are going to force us to use it, they better make it work as good as what we are used to using. I tried some Swype alternatives but the swiping on them was equally frustrating as the Dragon on Swype.
    Yeah. I agree 100%. It's what will hold Swype back from being the best of the keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Dragon bought swype, so unfortunately, they won't support it
    I didn't realize that. Shoot...because we use one of their products, we're forced to use them all?

I guess the choice is to use none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff510 View Post
    I didn't realize that. Shoot...because we use one of their products, we're forced to use them all?

I guess the choice is to use none.
    Ya..the only workaround is when the Swype keyboard is present, pull down the notification bar and select input method. Google voice typing should be one of your options. If it is not, then uncheck and recheck it in the language and inputs settings. Once you are done speaking, it reverts back to Swype again. Annoying but not too bad if you really wana use the good new voice input

option to have voice typing button default to new ics google voice typing

Hey, I love Swype. My galaxy a came with it and now I have the beta installed on a ics ROM.

I like to use the new google voice typing but it is not accessible from Swype. I can choose it as an input method in the notification bar, but if I make an error and delete a word, I loose the ability to voice type and end up back at the Swype keyboard. Also the voice button on Swype does not seem to open Google voice typing and is very slow and inaccurate.

I hope this will have better synchronicity in the future.

I agree. I have suffered through using the default keyboard since I got my Galaxy Nexus. The Android voice entry interface is so much better than Dragon. I don't care if Dragon has a superior voice recognition engine. The interface that the Google system uses is better because it doesn't stop listening at pauses and types as it recognizes words. I hardly ever used voice entry with the old system, which Dragon is more like. I use it all the time now. If I'm forced to use Dragon in order to have Swype, I may just go back to the far worse default keyboard.

+ Reply to Thread