Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swype on HTC One S

I'm glad to see that ink not the only one that's missing swype after upgrading to the Ona series. Yes the HTC sense keyboard has a swiping feature but I'm not too fond of this keyboard layout. A major downfall of this keyboard is that you can't tap a word to correct it . I find myself going back to delete and retype a word more often than on Swype. I hope a new version becomes available to us soon.

1+

Come on, someone from Swype, please speak up. Will this be addressed soon!?

It appears this issue has been going on for almost a month now...

I think I know why there is an error with the ICS update. When you start the installer, if you close the keyboard down, you will see in the bottom center of the screen the menu option with three dots. If swype can get rid of this on the installer, then I think it should be good to go. However, it appears that there aren't any swype people that actually read these forums, so we are probably just wasting our time with this. In fact, I tried emailing the email address contained in the email I received for troubleshooting, which was androidbeta@swype.com and the email was bounced back to me. I think its safe to assume that something is pretty screwed up with swype's company structure right now.

There is a workaround for this issue, the problem is just with the installer detecting the screen size, IF you have a backup of the swype apk, install it, then run the installer to finish and license the installation.

Works ok for me I have the Awesome Swype Keyboard installed on my TMOUS HTC One S and I am not rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by kacompton View Post
    There is a workaround for this issue, the problem is just with the installer detecting the screen size, IF you have a backup of the swype apk, install it, then run the installer to finish and license the installation.

Works ok for me I have the Awesome Swype Keyboard installed on my TMOUS HTC One S and I am not rooted.
    Interesting. So I can just get the swype .apk file out of /data/app on another phone, sideload install that on the HTC One S and then run the Swype Installed?

And there are no issues with the formatting of the swype keyboard on the screen? Everything looks and works fine?

Will try this tonight. Hope it works!

Swype on the One S from TMOUS

I have a slight revision to the procedure.. run the swype installer without the keyboard installed, login, let it tell you that the screen size is unsupported, then close out of it, install the keyboard.. and rerun the installer and complete the steps to install, select, enable, etc... these steps produce repeatable successful results.
    Last edited by kacompton; 05-02-2012 at 5:54 AM.

Hi Everyone,

We're working on getting to the bottom of what's going on here. Thanks for reporting this to us!

Yea, I have an HTC One S and I love it but the only thing is that for some reason I can not instill Swype. I love Swype and HTC's version is ok but it is nothing like Swype. I hope that they will fix the problem soon and I can use Swype on my new phone.

Going to go ahead and try to repro this internally and see if there's an issue with the installer.

Thanks kacompton!

any update on this? i reinstalled a backup of my swype works fine except i keep getting error messages that my screen size isnt supported when clearly i am using swype daily, kind of annoying.

Closed Thread