Closed Thread

Thread: New Update March 5?

New Update March 5?

I just received a notification that there's a new Swype update. It says "Click here [on the notification] and then click upgrade". However, there is no "Upgrade" option anywhere to be found (?). I am using 3.26.92D.38303.

Is this notification an error, or am I just the first person to get the notification that there's a new update? (And if so, where is the Upgrade option?)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    I just received a notification that there's a new Swype update. It says "Click here [on the notification] and then click upgrade". However, there is no "Upgrade" option anywhere to be found (?). I am using 3.26.92D.38303.

Is this notification an error, or am I just the first person to get the notification that there's a new update? (And if so, where is the Upgrade option?)
    I also received the notification this morning. Clicked the notification and tapped "Upgrade" which I found under the general settings, it is the last option on the page. However, like the last upgrade (however long ago that was!) I distinctly remember having the same issue I am now. It downloaded the update, and now in the notification bar says "Download complete...Verifying" and when viewing the status of the orange download bar on the bottom of the settings screen is at 99.99% with the slightest sliver of gray. Looks like I will wait it out like last time and hope for the best.

Would be nice to see some sort of update log! I can't find any information about this update anywhere!

Mine had a notification saying it was at the latest version meaning it either updated by itself or it just did a check and found it was up to date. Same bugs still present

I dont get anything

Hi All,

Can you please provide me with your respective Swype version information? To do so, open Swype Settings, click "Preferences", and scroll to the bottom. There should be a version number there... post the whole line here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David Johnstone View Post
    Hi All,

Can you please provide me with your respective Swype version information? To do so, open Swype Settings, click "Preferences", and scroll to the bottom. There should be a version number there... post the whole line here.

Thanks!
    FINALLY got the update to go through. Now running 3.26.92D.38303.t0.8610.Americas - I am thinking you guys should use longer version numbers.

Experiences seldom force closes on the Swype process... will see how this goes. :/

^^ Was running an older version than this before. The "Upgrade Swype" feature needs some work. Hangs after completion of download when "Verifying download" - needs many restarts to get it responsive again, then have to download it again, or will get the "Install Swype" upgrade option if the download stuck. Then the installer hangs, and a restart is needed... Repeat the process from the beginning. Then installer works, but says I do not have enough space. Had around 44MB free internal storage - no way it needs more than that. After much more fiddling and repeating the process it finally worked.

David, is this the most up-to-date version?

Seems my first attempt at posting was moderated or didn't go through... I am on version: 3.26.92D.38303.t0.8614.ENSP.

This may be the latest version. My main bug is documented here but has not been addressed: link

Quote Originally Posted by gunzy83 View Post
    Seems my first attempt at posting was moderated or didn't go through... I am on version: 3.26.92D.38303.t0.8614.ENSP.

This may be the latest version. My main bug is documented here but has not been addressed: link
    Thanks for the update in the bug report thread David I am going to assume I am on the latest version then.

Indeed, 3.26.92.38303 is the latest and greatest - we're trying to track down what exactly caused the faulty update notification, but this has only been reported by a handful of users and it's not entirely clear at this point as to what caused it.

Regardless, we appreciate the heads-up and will track this down.

Closed Thread