+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catalan contractions not working

Red face Catalan contractions not working

Catalan, like French and Italian requires many contractions and any help from the keyboard is appreciated

If I Swype Me'n vaig = em + en + vaig (I'm going) I tried swyping through the apostrophe which also didn't work.

Des d'aquí = des + de + aquí (from here)

http://www.ara.cat/ This is a link to a Catalan newspaper so you have an idea of the thousands of possibilities.

On a positive note, I am surprised to see words like pel·lícula (film or movie), instal·lació (installation) and working properly.

Samsung Galaxy S2, ICS 4.0.3 Resurrection Remix 9.4 with XXLPH, latest Swype beta

Catalan Support please!

I am having Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.03. I uninstalled swype with Titatium backup, and then I installed swype manually. But I still don't have swype in catalan...

Please, could you add Catalan Language? We are more than 10 million speakers! I am thinking about changing to SLIDE IT as they support catalan language...

Quote Originally Posted by botenc View Post
    I am having Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS 4.03. I uninstalled swype with Titatium backup, and then I installed swype manually. But I still don't have swype in catalan...

Please, could you add Catalan Language? We are more than 10 million speakers! I am thinking about changing to SLIDE IT as they support catalan language...
    Catalan is supported in the current Beta: http://beta.swype.com/android/supported/

However, Catalan support is not available for WXGA resolution devices. We are in the process of ramping up a lot of support for Catalan and many more languages, though, so we encourage you to stay tuned.

How to install Swype in Android

Hi all!

I just published a post where I explain how to install Swype Beta 1.4.5 and catalan language on Android.

Maybe some of you are interested in how to do it.

Here the link. It's written in catalan, but you can use google translator if you want to translate it to another language.

Cheers!
    cerilet

+ Reply to Thread