+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Return... the Enter Key

Please Return... the Enter Key

I've read a lot of people complaining about the lack of the Return Key in SMS.
    This is a feature users want.
    Please can I have my Return Key back?

A Green-screen relic of a handset can do it, so why can't my 'smartphone'?
    From what I've read it's been deemed that there is no 'need' for a Return key in SMS? What next, no need for vowels?

f 'm sndng lng msg I HVE 2 snd email? Tht dsn't wrk 4 me.

I don't need a shortcut for Smilies - they're pretty easy to make. Even if the smilies key has to be kept for some ridiculous reason, give me the option somewhere!?

Anywhere.

Please.

I've read a lot of people complaining about the lack of the Return Key in SMS. This is a feature users want. Please can I have my Return Key back? A Green-screen relic of a handset can do it, so why can't my 'smartphone'? From what I've read it's been deemed that there is no 'need' for a Return key in SMS? What next, no need for vowels? f 'm sndng lng msg I HVE 2 snd email? Tht dsn't wrk 4 me. I don't need a shortcut for Smilies - they're pretty easy to make. Even if the smilies key has to be kept for some ridiculous reason, give me the option somewhere!? Anywhere. Please.

Which would you rather read?

I need to copy paste to do ascii art, I cant paragraph, I would also like the carriage return key.

Agreed - bring back Enter key

Smilies are for lolcats. How about at least an option (for those of us who use phones as business communication devices) to show smiley or Enter key?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by franksmith145 View Post
    There is no key for smileys
    Try to write an SMS. You will find a Smiley key instead of the Enter key. Most distressing.

It changed on me! there was no smiley face on sms with swype beta yesterday and lo and behold it changed on me about twenty minutes ago! argh this makes me so angry! I restored from yesterday's backup with titanium backup but that did not help. what the heck made it change?!?!?!

This has just happened to me, i dont know if its anything to do with the licence extension but i extended yesterday and just noticed before that my return key in texts is now a smiley?

how do i change this i want it to be a return key!

I stopped using Swype after the update that removed the Enter Key. That was many months ago. Just reinstalled it again and no enter key yet... I guess I will go make to Swiftkey again (they made the same thing there, however the enter key exist when you long press; better than not having it... The best solution would make enter key the main key and smiley keys as long press, if people love smileys so much)

Not only that, but it also misses an option to customize the time required for long presses; i.e. it takes too long to add a "?", specially if you want make it like "?????".
    I even believe that "?" is more important than the "." (but I wont go off topic)

The smiley button is already a press and hold button on the main screen, so why we need a seperate button for another smiley i don't know, its just a butto going top waste!

JUST GIVE ME THE OPTION IN SETTINGS!!!
    All I want is the ability to change the option to decide between Carriage Return (ENTER) key from smileys.
    I used it all the time. I'm 31 now. I rarely use smileys anymore. Especially to send texts to coworkers, employees, clients, etc.
    My friend has SwiftKey X and he can change every option EVER. He can even choose how many milliseconds a long-hold for alternate numbers/symbols is.
    PLEASE DON'T BECOME OBSTINATE AS A COMPANY AND DO ONLY WHAT YOU WANT!

GIVE CONSUMERS THE OPTION!!!!

+ Reply to Thread