+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to change trace and suggestions color

Unhappy Option to change trace and suggestions color

In the most recent version of Sywpe (Version 3.26.92D.37556.t0.7115.Americas) it seems that the color for the trace, the suggestions bar, and the swype button have all changed from a blue color to an orange color.

In Android 4.0, Google went with a new color scheme that uses mostly blacks and blues, which Swype would have fit in perfectly with. While I realize that Swype doesn't yet work with Android 4.0 (last time I checked, at least), it seems strange (if not completely stupid) to change from a color scheme that looks at-home in Android to a scheme that looks out-of-place.

I think it would be good to either revert to the blue color for the trace, suggestions bar, and the swype button, or at least make it configurable in settings.

Note: I'm not talking about a whole set of Swype "themes" or anything like that. I'm just talking about the color for those three specific items, since those are what you guys changed in this most recent version.

This feature is on our radar as a possible feature for future versions of Swype. Please add your thoughts and share your opinion on the feature here!

-Swype Community Management
    Last edited by demarcmj; 12-20-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: fixed typo

You have big right!! I am too surprised about orange colour and disappointed. I love blue style.
    Blue style must come back. Some people can theme swype. All will be ok but nobody knows where is write colour of font in suggestions bar.

Better yet, put in a simple color picker for the trace and the word choices. Then people can use whatever color they want.

Count me as disappointed as well. I am guessing it has to do with dragon but I'm not sure. I do know i don't like it much. The blue looked good and i thought was sort of brand recognition. The new color goes ok with stock gingerbread but now is not a good fit with ice cream sandwich. The option to choose our own color would be best.
    Last edited by Sometimes; 12-23-2011 at 6:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes View Post
    Count me as disappointed as well. I am guessing it has to do with dragon but I'm not sure. I do know i don't like it much. The blue looked good and i thought was sort of brand recognition. The new color goes ok with stock gingerbread but now is not a good fit with ice cream sandwich. The option to choose our own color would be best.
    Not sure why it would have to do with Dragon. That button doesn't use any color at all.

Seconded. I know there's a desire to have consistent corporate branding, and many users like the orange color, but many don't (I'm one of them); people have grown accustomed to the blue, and it does blend in better with ICS, so it would appease users if this were configurable.

+1
    Don't like the orange Swype button at all.

Very much concur with this! The blue trace and lighter grey keys were easy on the eyes. The orange and black "Halloween all year round" theme is much too severe for my tastes.

HTC's otherwise inferior Swype ripoff, "HTC Trace", offers a selection of trace colors as a menu option. Maybe add something like that?
    Last edited by metapolis1; 12-25-2011 at 9:26 PM.

+1
    same here, blue definitely fits better with ICS and I'm just not an orange fan to begin with

Orange is a color from The Acquisition, I imagine. Pity they couldn't keep a cool, relaxing color. Even user complaints might increase now, due to a bad psychological design

Sent from my Optimus Slider

+ Reply to Thread