+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [DETAILS] Advanced Language Modeling (formerly Context Prediction Engine)

[DETAILS] Advanced Language Modeling (formerly Context Prediction Engine)

This version of Swype contains a new component that we call the Context Prediction Engine (or "CPE" for short). CPE provides Swype with more sophisticated linguistic processing that improves both swyping and tapping accuracy. It does this by looking at previous words that you have entered (i.e., context) and which words tend to follow. For example, if you enter the phrase "I jumped into the mosh" and then swyped from 'p' to 't', you would expect Swype to generate "pit" as the default choice. Without CPE, Swype would have generated "put" because it is a more common word, but with CPE it favors "pit". The overall effect that you should see is improvements in Swype’s choices when you swype or tap. CPE also learns as you use Swype; there will be additional improvements as you continue to use it.You should see the most benefit from CPE on words which have an ambiguous path, such as pit/pot/put, our/or, I'm/in/on, at/st, yeah/trash, etc. This is especially the case when the preceding word(s) help to disambiguate the path.English (US), English (UK), French, Italian, German, and Spanish have full CPE support in this release, which includes an initial (aka static) language model. Canadian French is supported with a learning model only (aka dynamic model). Our research shows that the learning-only model should provide a similar experience after about 500-1000 words of text.The following are some examples of English (US) CPE that we use internally:
    • Swype "I" then "an". Without CPE, Swype will output "an" - a common Swypo. With CPE, if you're near the 'm' even a little, "am" should be the default word, because "I am" is a much more common phrase than "I an".
    • Swype "mosh" then "pit". Without CPE, Swype usually prefers "put" due to word frequency. With CPE, it should prefer "pit".
    Terms
    • initial model, static model - language usage information that's built into the release and used until the learning component takes over.
    • learning model, dynamic model - language usage information learned from text you type using Swype.
    • language model - both static and dynamic models are kinds of language model, so we might say "static language model" from time to time.
    Tips
    • The dynamic model learns from text you enter. You'll get the most out of CPE by correcting typos/Swypos (so that it doesn't learn the wrong text). You'll get slightly better accuracy out of the learning model if you make corrections before starting a new paragraph or switching fields.
    FAQFeel free to post questions and I'll answer as many as I can.
    Last edited by brian.resnik; 12-20-2011 at 7:12 AM.

reserved post for extra room if needed

Exclamation Swype using 18 MB in the background!

Memory footprint of Swype running in the background is now a whopping 18-20 MB!
    Please do your best to squeeze this down -- I'm seeing out-of-memory (garbage collection) lags, particularly on older devices!
    Last edited by JNavas; 12-24-2011 at 5:55 AM.
    John
    Nexus S running Android 4.0.3 (IML74K) on T-Mobile USA
    Swype beta 3.26.92.37604

Exclamation Dragon needs real-time transcription like Goodle in Ice Cream Sandwich

With Swype+Dragon beta running on my Nexus S now upgraded to ICE (Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.0),
    I've now had the opportunity to put Dragon to the test versus the new Google voice transcription in ICE.
    Dragon accuracy is very good for me, significantly better than Google voice transcription in Gingerbread,
    but only a bit better than Google voice transcription in ICE, which is significantly improved over Gingerbread,
    including not only better accuracy but also real-time transcription, which makes a big difference in long
    dictation (messages, memos, documents, etc). Dragon lacks real-time transcription, which is a pretty big
    drawback to me, since it's a pain to keep switching input methods back and forth. Nuance either need to
    get Dragon upgraded to real-time transcription like Google in a big hurry, or give those of us on ICE
    the option to use Google voice transcription with Swype!
    Thanks for listening.
    John
    Nexus S running Android 4.0.3 (IML74K) on T-Mobile USA
    Swype beta 3.26.92.37604

I am a 2013 user that is not seeing the benefit of this project. I am a newish (4+ months) user of Swype. I was so excited to finally have it, but it is upsetting me more and more. I am disappointed that it keeps choosing names or uncommon words over common all the time. Let me know if you would like documentation.

thank for share

Костная ткань

Кто нибудь делал себе имплантацию зубов? Знаешь Орест, я вот что узнал. Процедура имплантации зубов всегда была максимально доступной в Москве. Базальная имплантация начинается от отсутствия 2-3 зубов. Методика дает превосходные результаты при восстановлении зубных сегментов. У меня возник вопрос: Какие методы имплантации более востребованы?. Думаю более подробно можно почитать это: имплантация зубов в москве - зубные импланты.
    На смену привычному пломбированию пришла реставрация зубов. Название методики говорит само за себя, подробнее почитайте это - эстетическая реставрация зубов недорого .
    протезирование зубов на имплантатах ,
    отбеливание зубов zoom 3.
    А вот какие я еще нашел интересные статьи на эту тему:
    Виды и особенности протезирования зубов
    Лечение перед имплантацией
    Реставрация и имплантация зубов – надежные способы сделать улыбку красивой
    Офисное отбеливание
    Сломался зуб – можно ли его сохранить?
    Имплантация сразу после удаления с одновременной установкой коронки – за 1 день
    гипохлорит натрия в стоматологии

Имплантация з

Кто нибудь делал себе имплантацию зубов? Знаешь Иван, я вот что думаю. Имплантация зубов Москве уже давно стала одной из самых востребованных стоматологических услуг. Базальная имплантация начинается от отсутствия 2-3 зубов. Методика дает превосходные результаты при восстановлении зубных сегментов. Вот на что надо ответить: Сколько стоит имплантация зубов в Москве?. Думаю более подробно можно почитать это: установке зубных имплантантов .
    Стоматологи клиники профессионально оказывают пациентам услугу реставрации зубов в Москве, подробнее почитайте это - реставрация передних зубов москва .

Асинкритов Устин:
    Несъемное протезирование зубов: имплантация, установка мостовидных протезов, коронок, виниров, вкладок, подробно протезирование можно прочитать это - цены на протезирование зубов ,
    болит десна при беременности.
    Современные методы имплантации зубов
    Виды и методики имплантации зубов
    Имплантация зубов – лучший выбор для идеальной улыбки

Водолагин Адам:
    А эти статьи про стоматологию думаю полезно прочитать каждому:
    Лечение зубов под общим наркозом
    После имплантации
    Как ухаживать за зубами?
    гипохлорит натрия в стоматологии

Quote Originally Posted by DentalEl View Post
    Кто нибудь делал себе имплантацию зубов? Знаешь Иван, я вот что думаю. Имплантация зубов Москве уже давно стала одной из самых востребованных стоматологических услуг. Базальная имплантация начинается от отсутствия 2-3 зубов. Методика дает превосходные результаты при восстановлении зубных сегментов. Вот на что надо ответить: Сколько стоит имплантация зубов в Москве?. Думаю более подробно можно почитать это: установке зубных имплантантов .
    Стоматологи клиники профессионально оказывают пациентам услугу реставрации зубов в Москве, подробнее почитайте это - реставрация передних зубов москва .

Асинкритов Устин:
    Несъемное протезирование зубов: имплантация, установка мостовидных протезов, коронок, виниров, вкладок, подробно протезирование можно прочитать это - цены на протезирование зубов ,
    болит десна при беременности.
    Современные методы имплантации зубов
    Виды и методики имплантации зубов
    Имплантация зубов – лучший выбор для идеальной улыбки

Водолагин Адам:
    А эти статьи про стоматологию думаю полезно прочитать каждому:
    Лечение зубов под общим наркозом
    После имплантации
    Как ухаживать за зубами?
    you are spamer?
    Đại lэ thiết bị vệ sinh toto chнnh hгng