SWYPE BETA v3.26 update 1
Automatic Updates - Context Prediction - (More) Languages By Region - Refined Key Layout - Enhanced Settings & Help
Updates may take up to 72 hours to arrive on your device. You will receive an update notification the next time your device checks in to the Swype Connect service. You can manually initiate this process by pressing the "Refresh" button in the Swype Connect section of Swype Settings, though your update request may be deferred anyway based on server load. Please wait at least 72 hours before reporting update failures on the forums. Thank you.
You've asked for it, so here it is! Swype BETA now supports automatic updates directly from within Swype! Version 3.26 of the Swype BETA includes Swype Connect v2, which lets us deliver the latest Swype improvements directly to your device.
(More) Languages by Region
- Break free of the SwypeInstaller - Once you've installed this latest version of Swype BETA you'll never have to use the SwypeInstaller again. Updates can be installed straight from the Swype Settings menu.
- Get Notified - When a new update is ready, we'll send a notification right to your device. Never get stuck with an expired version of Swype BETA again.
- Save your dictionary and settings - Since automatic-updates don't require you to uninstall Swype first, you'll be able to take your dictionary and settings with you when you upgrade. No more re-entering slang and curse words ;)
With this version we're adding a whopping 11 additional languages! To accommodate this dramatic increase in languages, we streamlined all of our assets so that Swype is smaller overall, and we've split everything into 4 regional downloads (plus 1 with all regions combined).
*NOTE - WXGA (Honeycomb) builds are using the old English/Spanish and Full language formats. Please see http://beta.swype.com/android/supported for a table showing which languages are supported by which resolutions
- Americas: US English, Spanish, French Canadian, Brazilian Portuguese ~5Mb
- Western Europe: UK English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish ~10Mb
- Eastern Europe: US English, UK English, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak ~9Mb
- Pan-Asia: US English, UK English, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese (Simplified), Filipino, Japanese ~9Mb
- All Regions: Includes all 23 languages from the regional language versions. ~21Mb
Refined Key Layout
We've changed the layout of the keyboard a tiny bit, so be prepared to unlearn what you have learned.
Enhanced Settings & Help
- Numbers are now located along the top row of keys, similar to a traditional keyboard
- The "Globe" key has been removed from all BETA builds (until we can make it an option in settings)
- Added a second page to the symbols layer. Press the 1/2 key on the left to switch between them.
Confused by our old settings, tutorial, and help? Did you feel like you couldn't find info on how to use Swype effectively, and thought our settings were cluttered? Yeah, we did too. That's why we grabbed "Settings, Tutorial, & Help" by the collar, kicked it out of the house, cut off its trust fund access, and told it come back when it got its act together! Lo and behold, our newly reformed "Settings" is back and is now, well, actually helpful!
(UPDATE 1) Context Prediction Engine
- Long-press the SWYPE key to quickly access Swype Settings any time
- Update Swype straight from the settings menu whenever a new version is available
- Learn basic and advanced techniques to become an experienced Swyper. Do you know about "bouncing" and the auto-space suppress gesture? How about the editing layer? Check it out!
- Set available languages and you'll never be offered a language you don't use when switching languages on-the-fly.
With our first over-the-air update, we've enabled our Context Prediction Engine. By analyzing the text you've already entered, Swype will offer more accurate predictions that make sense in the context of the sentence
(UPDATE 1) Japanese Language Support
- 40% increase in prediction accuracy when a language profile is present
- Learns over time as you use it, building up a personal language profile for you.
- Enabled only for English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Other languages coming soon! *Note* French Canadian does not have a pre-loaded static language model, and so will only show improved accuracy after continual use.
We've added support for Japanese (kana-kanji conversion). Japanese is only available in the Pan-Asia package and NOT the All Regions package.
As usual, we also have a ton of bug fixes, so check the changelog in the second post to see if an issue that's been bothering you is resolved!