+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Able to download, but not the updated version

Able to download, but not the updated version

I have tried to download the 3.25 update to my phone, yet whenever it downloads i get 3.6 installed instead

Any reason for this

I have exactly the same problem - I've tried a simple upgrade then totally uninstalled / reinstalled of Swype but I still get 3.6.84 without any new features

Original HTC Desire unrooted
    HTC Desire (original): Orange / T-Mobile: 2.2 FroYo: Stock ROM: N0 ROOT

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Thomas View Post
    I have tried to download the 3.25 update to my phone, yet whenever it downloads i get 3.6 installed instead

Any reason for this
    I have the same problem. Tried it twice. Hope it's a simple matter of one of the servers pointing to the wrong download still?

Kidd_Funkadelic

The updated beta is currently only available to accounts that downloaded the previous version of Swype. You must use the same beta account that you used to download Swype 3.6 initially (downloads now don't count). We will open it up to everyone once we are comfortable with the stability of our servers.

How else could I have gotten version 3.6 other than creating a beta account and requesting download? Or is there a different more specialized beta test group that is not just signing up for the download?

What's the timeframe then for the rest of us eager downloaders?

Kidd_Funkadelic: What I mean is that you must have registered and downloaded Swype v3.6 BEFORE today. This morning, we created a list of all the users who had downloaded the previous version of the beta, and when we uploaded the new version we gave only those people access.

Everyone else will have access, if all goes well, by the end of the day. We just want to make sure there's no problems before we open it up to everyone.

I've only ever had one account, have installed every update and never changed my phone so how could I have either a different account or not downloaded the previous version?
    HTC Desire (original): Orange / T-Mobile: 2.2 FroYo: Stock ROM: N0 ROOT

Quote Originally Posted by IanS100 View Post
    I've only ever had one account, have installed every update and never changed my phone so how could I have either a different account or not downloaded the previous version?
    Same here i have had one single swype account and downloaded and installed 3.6 ages ago (or when it first came out) so i think you may want to check your list

Quote Originally Posted by brian.resnik View Post
    Kidd_Funkadelic: What I mean is that you must have registered and downloaded Swype v3.6 BEFORE today. This morning, we created a list of all the users who had downloaded the previous version of the beta, and when we uploaded the new version we gave only those people access.

Everyone else will have access, if all goes well, by the end of the day. We just want to make sure there's no problems before we open it up to everyone.
    OK, gotcha. I think you're just confusing us a little by saying we downloaded 3.6 before today (this is true) but that we had not downloaded the previous version of the beta, when in fact all 3x versions are considered beta, no? I take it you mean an earlier version of 3.25.xxx.

Anyway, thanks for the fast response. Love your product and will be eagerly waiting. (Is there some way we'll known when to try again?)
    Thanks.
    Kidd_Funkadelic
    Last edited by Kidd_Funkadelic; 08-23-2011 at 9:23 AM. Reason: typo

As mentioned in another thread, using the same account as I used for all previous downloads I'm still only getting 3.6 - like others here are reporting.

+ Reply to Thread