+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swype constantly asks to change keyboards

Swype constantly asks to change keyboards

I have the samsung s8+ with swype 3.2.2.3..... At least 10 times every day Swype asks me to change keyboards to Swype.

I only have Swype and the default samsung keyboard installed. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

I think it started happening on the last Swype update.

Thank you for flagging.
    Can you please provide some steps to reproduce this issue ?

Same problem here with a Samsung Galaxy s8, no way to reproduce the problem intentionally, it happens when it happens, most of times works like expected but 5 or 6 times each day they told to select Swype as default keyboard when Swype is still the default keyboard

You need to switch off and switch on Swype then select Swype as default keyboard... Really annoyed...

Regards

Edit: I forget to tell that a friend with an s8 have the same problem

Hi, just to chime in, observing the same issue on my Note 8. Randomly throughout the day it will request me to select Swype as the main keyboard even though I have not used any other keyboard.

The app pops up, asks me to activate the keyboard. It's already activated, so I have to deactivate and activate again. Then it asks me to select Swype as the active keyboard.

I have also tried Swiftkey and have not observed this issue.

can anyone provide some screenshots or app info in which this issue is happening constantly ?

Quote Originally Posted by bbmerc View Post
    I have the samsung s8+ with swype 3.2.2.3..... At least 10 times every day Swype asks me to change keyboards to Swype.

I only have Swype and the default samsung keyboard installed. Is there any way to stop this behavior?

I think it started happening on the last Swype update.
    1:can you please provide some screenshots or app info in which this issue is happening constantly
    2: OS version ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shourya View Post
    1:can you please provide some screenshots or app info in which this issue is happening constantly
    2: OS version ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1. It's hard to provide screen shots that shows what is the issue. Basically when we try to input text, the Swype first launch screen appears, the white screen with an orange circle with an arrow to the right inside. Asking us to enable Swype as an input method. I will try to do a video but it won't be easy. It's random and that means I have to start recording many many times.

2. For me it's Android 7.1.1, Samsung Note 8 2017.

Hi.
    I'm using s8+ android 7.1.1 and have the same issue.

Ok, managed to get a video of the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NfHZjbXGQQ

As shown, it shows the keyboard setup screen, but it has already been activated and used many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by FriDLaCk View Post
    Same problem here with a Samsung Galaxy s8, no way to reproduce the problem intentionally, it happens when it happens, most of times works like expected but 5 or 6 times each day they told to select Swype as default keyboard when Swype is still the default keyboard

You need to switch off and switch on Swype then select Swype as default keyboard... Really annoyed...

Regards

Edit: I forget to tell that a friend with an s8 have the same problem
    I'm having S8, same problem poping up to ask me to change keyboard. very annoying!

My S8 is on Android 7.0
    Last edited by kcyong33; 12-04-2017 at 5:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread