+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrong punctuation layout for Chinese Hong Kong

Wrong punctuation layout for Chinese Hong Kong

Chinese Hong Kong Cangjie, qwerty punctuation wrongly showed in stroke keyboard

I want punctuation in qwerty keyboard but it's now in stroke keyboard after update.

I got an empty recent punctuation stroke keyboard after pressing ?123

As a temporary quick fix, please revert it back to the old implementation just like the English punctuation layout for now. Please, just dig up the old code from your codebase, it's not that hard.

For the future improvement, please implement qwerty full width punctuation keyboard for us. Just like the stock iOS keyboard.

The current implementation will regress into a non sequential number pad in real life usage.

My screenshot:

Screen shot from others:

Note: sorry for the obscene language to show our frustration in this one, but I didn't type those, it's from a local forum, https://lihkg.com/thread/146266/page/1

Posted in http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?t=41401 a few months ago, no improvement at all.
    Last edited by stanley; 03-07-2017 at 4:27 PM.

Still the same after the latest update.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

The 'feature' is annoying as hell. Please fix this asap! Thanks.

Still the same after this update. Please answer me, who would like to use a non sequential number pad?

Put yourselves in our shoes, try this non sequential number pad for a day, then you'll know how annoying this is.

Samething goes to Traditional Chinese TW 繁體中文(台灣)

Quote Originally Posted by leafyz View Post
    Samething goes to Traditional Chinese TW 繁體中文(台灣)
    Swype just doesn't care. .

Hi Stanley, and apologies for the delay -

The ?123 key from Stroke mode was navigating to the "recently used syms" state, denoted by the clock icon in the toolbar above it. This required another tap on the "#" icon in the toolbar, to open the numpad.

From Swype 3.2, it will open directly to the numerical keypad again.

Thanks for your patience!
    Jp

Quote Originally Posted by JP_Swype View Post
    Hi Stanley, and apologies for the delay -

The ?123 key from Stroke mode was navigating to the "recently used syms" state, denoted by the clock icon in the toolbar above it. This required another tap on the "#" icon in the toolbar, to open the numpad.

From Swype 3.2, it will open directly to the numerical keypad again.

Thanks for your patience!
    Jp
    Why people used the "recently used syms" while it mostly show are randomized used numbers and symbols? Its too hard to find what we need as its not systematic.
    e.g. usually just wanna to type some numbers and the history pages make us hard to find the numbers for us to type. We need to click the number tab and type the numbers. Its really slow things down.
    We are begging for the behaviour of Swype 3.2. Please revert it the behaviour to the 3.2!!!!! Please.

Still not qwerty keyboard...

I noticed that Swype is now updated to version 3.2.1 but it's still not using the qwerty keyboard for numbers and punctuations... this is really frustrating. I really don't understand the rationale of this number/punctuaion pad. It is much more difficult for me to find the symbols and punctuations that I normally use, so I have to switch between Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) and English constantly. The old qwerty keyboard is much more convenient and it makes sense. I've been waiting for this update for a very long time so it's very disappointing that this remains the same!
    Last edited by evangeline0106; 10-06-2017 at 2:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread