+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basic dictionary, without urban slang/names/acronyms/obscure words

Lightbulb Basic dictionary, without urban slang/names/acronyms/obscure words

Hi,

I remove several obscure/urban slang words and names per day from my dictionary due to them interfering with me trying to type common words (or my own industry-specific additions).
    Can I get an optional basic dictionary to start with and build up, instead of having to constantly fight with Swype over the massive list of words I'm never going to use?

Thanks!
    Sheree

Obscure words

I absurdly (I Swyped absolutely and got absurdly as the primary word and then these other ridiculous choices: absolutist, assuredly, ambiguously and assiduously plus another 7 choices which were simpler words but not
    even close) agree that a simple, and I mean very simple dictionary should be given as an option. After sweeping (I swyped 'swyping' and it's not even in their f'ing dictionary!!!) and say, 15 word text
    it's not uncommon to have to fix at least 4-5 words many of which are proper names or just plain absurd words that nobody ever uses. Do the developers realize that people intentionally use
    simple words in texts? Nobody is trying to write a manuscript for the New Yorker magazine for Christ's sake!!!

Maybe there is an option for a simpler dictionary but I haven't heard about it...if anyone knows, please let me know!!

+ Reply to Thread