+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.0.2.3000210.48288 problem laundry list

Angry 3.0.2.3000210.48288 problem laundry list

Ok Swype devs, W.T.F?

The latest update (late january I believe) has made Swype a royal pain in the backside compared to what it was before that. There are a whole HOST of issues that were introduced with this release, here's the worst of it:
    • absolutely WILL NOT draw smileys - it will pick some mishmash word and have the as an alternate suggestion, regardless of which smiley you want to use - IE it KNOWS you want smileys but won't use it directly
    • no more 'swype up for capitalization' - used to be able to drag up above the number line to capitalize the next letter, no more. It just ignores the action entirely
    • word accuracy went into the toilet
    • randomly will stop long-press functionality - the only solution is to reboot the phone

I'm running a Nexus 6p, on Google Project Fi, Android 7.1.1 baseband angler-03.71, build number N4F26O

Given all the other people with complaints similar to mine though I seriously doubt it's a problem with my phone or OS.

Same on an LG G4 running 5.1.

The gestures are more picky. Swype-V to paste only seems to work if I hit the bottom of the V.

Swyped from my LG G4 with Tapatalk 4.5.2

Agreed! It has turned into garbage. I don't know what is going on lately with app developers, removing extremely useful features an taking steps BACKWARDS in development. I have had this issue with another app from a very large tech company and it is extremely frustrating!!! I'd like to think the removal of the capitalization feature was an accident, but somehow I doubt it. They added these other features that I can't even think of right now, that are just very annoying and I will never use them. And the spelling accuracy has really gone into the toilet, BIG TIME. I get so frustrated trying to type a simple email because I am only paying attention to the keyboard and not the words getting swyped (which I didn't usually typically have to do because of the spelling and word recognition accuracy) I end up sending an email with a bunch of typos and wrong words. Just honestly don't know what is running through the minds of developers anymore... What the hell are they thinking??!!

Good to see it's not all in my head. Accuracy took a really noticeable dive with this update, I actually switched to Gboard. I'd love to come back to Swype, that is, if it worked.

Having more or less the same issues, plus some very annoying "automatic" corrections of spacing it didn't do before.

I regularly get auto-space disabled for no apparent reason.

Swyped from my LG G4 with Tapatalk 4.5.2

I'm experiencing all of these issues. Hopefully, a fix comes soon

Quote Originally Posted by kriegtiger View Post
    Ok Swype devs, W.T.F?
    • no more 'swype up for capitalization' - used to be able to drag up above the number line to capitalize the next letter, no more. It just ignores the action entirely
    This feature was deliberately removed.

https://nuancemobility.zendesk.com/h...ation-Gesture-

The article makes it sound like the removal was a natural side effect of "the development process" instead of a conscious decision.

+ Reply to Thread