+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swype Up to Capitalize Words On-the-fly

Yes, same issue here on SGS4 with CM13 and Swype 3.0.2
    I posted also a bug at the above mentioned form, thank.

Quote Originally Posted by jikamens View Post
    ... since it's still mentioned in the documentation.
    Unfortunately, I dont find it in the documentation anymore
    I hope there is another documentation where it still persists and they will it bring back.

I noticed other bugs now, so I reverted to previous and less buggy Swype 2.2.3
    Last edited by francwalter; 02-04-2017 at 3:59 AM.
    Nuance-Swype Version: 3.0.2 on SGS4 with CM13

Thumbs up FYI, a response from Swype support.

I sent in a request. Here's the correspondence.

Hi,
    I continue to love Swype because capitalizing letters is so easy and cut, copy, paste, select all, gestures are awesome.
    I'm hoping the ability to capitalize on the fly is broken and not removed. Is it a bug in the new release?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching us!

Sorry to hear that you're unable to swipe up the letters to capitalize. We understand that this feature is very essential to our users. We apologize if we're unable to provide you with an immediate resolution but no worries, we have reported this issue to our developers and they are now doing their best to resolve this or bring back the feature.

Please keep an eye on Google Play store for any update. We're hoping for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Nuance Mobility Support
    Keep writing in. It helps push the fix closer to the top of the backlog.

Just want time add my name to the list of people who find this feature incredibly useful and need it to come back. It's still mentioned in the help documentation so I really hope it's an oversight that it's gone.

Add me to the list of users frustrated by the loss of this feature. The pessimist in me says that it was intentionally droppedI, because how could such a painfully obvious problem be overlooked?

Joining the chorus here. This new behavior is what brought me back to this forum. Thanks for the link, jikamens, I'll use it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes same issue with Samsung Galaxy S7, I'm a creature of habit. I had grown accustomed to the swype up for capitalizing of words. Thanks francwalter for putting Swype 2.2.3 so we can downgrade till the developers can create a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Devious2night View Post
    ... putting Swype 2.2.3 so we can downgrade till the developers can create a fix.
    I am pessimistic about that done soon
    The past had shown that.

I have now the problem that in Google play always that Swype 3.0.2 update appears and I cannot just press update all when there are other updates in Google play. So I signed the 2.2.3 with "ZipSigner" app, with an own key, which normally makes that app disappear the Google play update list. But Swype is "special", and the Swype apk signed with non Swype key makes it crash all the time
    Somebody knows about that and how to fix it?
    Last edited by francwalter; 02-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Nuance-Swype Version: 3.0.2 on SGS4 with CM13

Wow. Major problems. I use swipe up to capitalize all the time.

I don't know if I care about the number row but I can't try it if the secondary characters go away.

Swyped from my LG G4 with Tapatalk 4.5.2

Quote Originally Posted by francwalter View Post
    I have now the problem that in Google play always that Swype 3.0.2 update appears and I cannot just press update all when there are other updates in Google play. So I signed the 2.2.3 with "ZipSigner" app, with an own key, which normally makes that app disappear the Google play update list. But Swype is "special", and the Swype apk signed with non Swype key makes it crash all the time
    Somebody knows about that and how to fix it?
    This is why I haven't downgraded yet. Has anyone else had problems with using the older version?

Joined forum just to post in this thread in agreement. Capitalization feature stopped working for me with the Jan 2017 update and has been a huge buzz-killer for me. I loved that feature on this keyboard as a primary reason for using Swype.

Swype was really the first one to have a solid prediction swiping keyboard. Now that the others have caught on, it is the little features like this one that makes it stand out. May not be a user much longer if they disappear.

Swype - Please bring this back and don't let it go the way of the iOS app!

+ Reply to Thread