+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swype Up to Capitalize Words On-the-fly

Swype Up to Capitalize Words On-the-fly

In the latest version 3.0.2.3000210.488288, the ability to Swype up into the message space to cap at word as you go is not working properly. I know that I can finish the word, come back and tap the word, swype from Swype button to cap/up arrow button, then select the capitalization I want. But the Swyping up into message during initial entry was so much more convenient and many fewer steps. Any ideas? I did uninstall and reinstall. Still broken.

I am having the same issue too - swyping up into message space to capitalize doesn't work anymore. I am using the latest version of Swype (3.0.2.3000210.488288). Same issue in Android 7.1.1 & older version of the OS (Android 6.0.1).

Same problem here. This morning's update broke it.

This great feature never worked in iOS. And, as you all encountered, it is gone from the latest Android update. I have opened a case with Swype and I can only hope that this issue was an error, and not an intentional removal of the feature :-(

Keep us posted please, mytemp! ��

Same problem here. I saw this old iOS thread where it was disabled because it was confusing - please at least give us the option to turn it on, even if it's off by default. I've been using this gesture for years and change is hard

Thumbs down

Yes, _please_ put this back. This feature is one of the major reasons I use Swype rather than SwiftKey - it's so awkward to have to tap the caps key before swiping a word. Please put it back. If adding a number row broke it, then it should still work if I don't turn the number row on (and I haven't and don't want to).

Fellas,

We definitely need as many people voicing their concerns about the removal of this feature. I worry that they just have removed it based on feedback from other uses, as it happened with iOS (see http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...-Update-in-iOS).

All what we are asking is give an option to enable/disable cap-on-fly. PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE :-)

I noticed this right away as well. If they removed it on purpose, they didn't do a very good job, since it's still mentioned in the documentation. Sad!

If you want to complain directly to Swype about this, the place to submit a request is https://nuancemobility.zendesk.com/h...s/requests/new .

+ Reply to Thread