+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing capitalization of a corrected version of a misspelled word

Changing capitalization of a corrected version of a misspelled word

This is a small bug, but still occasionally it gets in my way. Its a bit weird, and probably not many people use the capitalization feature, so maybe it hasn't been reported so far.

Here's how to reproduce it:
    1. manually mistype in a word. For example "nicycle" (instead of "bicycle").
    2. Now, the word "bicycle" will be offered above, as the correct version. Tap it, and it gets corrected. Now you have "bicycle".
    3. now try to change "bicycle" to "Bicycle" or "BICYCLE" by using the capitalization feature of swype by swyping from the Swype symbol to the Shift button. The suggestions offered will be "nicycle" "Nicycle and "NICYCLE".

That's the bug.

Using Swype v 2.2.3.2020310.45082 on Galaxy S5 with Custom Android (Resurrection Remix, based on Nougat 7.1.)
    I've experienced this bug for at least a year now I'd say, on stock Android too.

Cheers ~
    Inform me if I omitted some important input.
    Last edited by NiTE22; 01-18-2017 at 8:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiTE22 View Post
    This is a small bug, but still occasionally it gets in my way. Its a bit weird, and probably not many people use the capitalization feature, so maybe it hasn't been reported so far.

Here's how to reproduce it:
    1. manually mistype in a word. For example "nicycle" (instead of "bicycle").
    2. Now, the word "bicycle" will be offered above, as the correct version. Tap it, and it gets corrected. Now you have "bicycle".
    3. now try to change "bicycle" to "Bicycle" or "BICYCLE" by using the capitalization feature of swype by swyping from the Swype symbol to the Shift button. The suggestions offered will be "nicycle" "Nicycle and "NICYCLE".

That's the bug.

Using Swype v 2.2.3.2020310.45082 on Galaxy S5 with Custom Android (Resurrection Remix, based on Nougat 7.1.)
    I've experienced this bug for at least a year now I'd say, on stock Android too.

Cheers ~
    Inform me if I omitted some important input.
    I have the same problem. Samsung S-6 Verizon SM-G920V
    Android version 7.0, Nougat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread