+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swype completely hangs and forces to reboot

Swype completely hangs and forces to reboot

I am using Swype in various chat programs (Threema, iMessage, WhatsUp) and I had to now several times that I left a chat program while typing a text, e.g. to look something up in Safari. And when I get back to the chat program, the keyboard hangs and shows the "123" keyboard rather than the "ABC" keyboard. Can't change anything. Switching back to "ABC" does not work. Switching to an alternate keyboard does not work either. Regardless to which other App I change the keyboard does not respond. Killing Apps and restarting them also does not work. Only rebooting the whole iPhone restores the functionality.

Mine does the same thing! Go into keyboards under settings and delete it, then put it back. That fixes the problem without a reboot. Still a big hassle but at least you won't lose what you're doing with a reboot.

Which iOS version are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unhappy Swype with iOS 10.2 Both Freezing and Coming up Blank

I am having the issues stated above, but also find that I can occasionally use swype in a different app fine for the moment that it's frozen in another. It's odd, but overall it definitely hangs and comes up blank a LOT more now than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by September912 View Post
    Mine does the same thing! Go into keyboards under settings and delete it, then put it back. That fixes the problem without a reboot. Still a big hassle but at least you won't lose what you're doing with a reboot.

Which iOS version are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thanks for this solution, but it's still very annoying to have to do that every time. Mine freezes at least once or twice a week, and one day it actually happened twice in the span of a couple hours. I'm running iOS 10.2
    and please, guys, do something about these capital letters!!! let us choose if we want the first letter to be capital or not!!!
    thank you
    Last edited by oliviku; 01-26-2017 at 12:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread