+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back the capitalization feature

Bring back the capitalization feature

Bring back the "swype up" feature to capitalize words or at least give users the option of allowing that feature on their keyboards. One of the selling points for using Swype is users don't have to tap on a keyboard but now Swype wants users to tap for capitalized words.

PlEAse NEver EVeR brIng back the ObnOxIous caPitalIzaTIon feature that makes youR sentEnces look likE this. I hope the person who created this thread realizes how utterly alone he is in his sentiments. No one else misses it. I wouldn't mind if we had more customization options, and I suppose, even the Swype up option for this guy.

I strongly agree w/ OP, I really need to be able to capitalize on the fly, and using the Swype-up-to-Shift on android was a fantastic feature. It just doesn't work on my new iOS device. I never get the crazy capitalization that jdgreene777 refers to, I wonder what you are doing differently to get that behavior. JackALope, you are not alone in wanting this.

Separate but related: on android, I could Swype to change capitalization of whole word, to "First letter only" or "ALL CAPS" or "all lower case." I can't do that on iOS, it's a real drag to lose that functionality.
    Last edited by alex17; 12-23-2015 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to add 1 thing

Of course it should be optional if some object, although I'd suggest they try to develop just a touch of accuracy in their Swyping, enough to avoid going over 1.25" above the keyboard unintentionally, measured on this iPad. Still, if some don't like it, it should be optional.

Swyping above the keyboard for a cap is still operational on my android phone and I've done it that way for three years. There are tips all over the internet instructing you to Swype above the keyboard for a capital.

But the big question is why would a user have to operate a program differently when he picks up a different device?????? I'm sure there are a lot of people with both android and Apple devices.

Just because you haven't learnt how to use the capitalisation on the fly feature properly, please don't assume that all other Swype users are in the same boat. As you'll see from the posts here, most of us have been finding it a very valuable USP, and miss it.

Yes, the feature can (could) be used for CamelCasing, which is what you seem to be having a problem with. When Swype fixes the present bug and restores the feature, take a little time to master it. You'll find it worth the effort.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread