+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swype should learn my preferred words and insert them or suggest them first

Swype should learn my preferred words and insert them or suggest them first

Swype seems to ALWAYS get it wrong when I want to type certain frequently used words like "and", "for" and "work", to name a few.
    It would be useful if the app would keep track of how many times I change a swype suggested word to the one I want and, after some threshold (3 times? 5 times? user configurable?) always make my choice the default.

Please offer a basic dictionary for us to use instead!!

AGREED! And PLEASE give us the option of using a BASIC/STOCK dictionary instead of the insanely massive database that comes standard with Swype for iOS. For every one word I use, there are 5-50 other words that auto-populate that I just end up deleting because I will never use them! It makes so much more sense to give us a stream-lined basic dictionary from which we can build our own word-banks instead of forcing us to de-clutter the ridiculously huge word-bank that comes standard.
    Last edited by jdgreene777; 12-22-2015 at 7:05 PM.

Delete Swype dictionary

Sure preferred words are just fine but bottom line is that we should have the capability to delete the whole dictionary. I spend a lot of time correcting words, a lot of them proper nouns, and a lot of words I've never heard of...I'd like to make my own dictionary by starting from scratch, so how do I do that? I've seen this request before but seems like it always falls on deaf ears. I mean if you can delete one word from the Swype dictionary why can't you delete all of them? I've used Swype for almost 5 years now and I've always known that erasing the dictionary is the ultimate solution to fix it. But nobody knows anything about it and administrators never address this known issue. Please please please allow us to get rid of the whole Swype dictionary and allow us to create our own personal dictionary without all the bs words that Swype forces us to look at!!!

+ Reply to Thread