+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upside down question mark

My free trial is over, but I'm not certain that I want to purchase buggy software from a developer that doesn't respond to threads from multiple reports of the same issue...

See the same issue

I continue to see this same issue on my nexus 6p. I never had this issue in the past using Swype on my Moto X, but I'm not sure the Swype version.

Is anyone still working on this?

How can something like this still not fix after so long?

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue in the house.

We would really appreciate if you guys can provide with some additional information.
    1. Is Auto-Correction OFF or ON?
    2. Long-press delay - Is default 500ms or it was changed to any other value?
    3. Which language are you using / is it Bilingual? Paired languages for ex. English/Spanish
    4. In which application you are seeing the issue, every single one or specific?
    5. Please list all major changes that you might have done in settings.

Could some of you who are having this issue make a video and link it?

PS. If there's any other information that you feel may be useful for our team on this issue please include it as well.

Thanks

Por que??? Actually, I liked it happening because it spiced up my conversations to have a Spanish question mark

This is actually caused by the 3 symbols shared by the M key. If you hold the M key for selection, you'll see that there are 3 options, M ?

I assume whenever you hold M for the question mark, the left most symbol is selected by default, therefore Is selected.

This, I believe, can be easily fixed by the Swype team by switching the order sequence to ? M

Hey solos2,

We cannot confirm it's related to the multiple options under M key and unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue.
    That's why we are asking to provide with more details and if possible to make a video (will be great).

1. Is Auto-Correction OFF or ON?
    2. Long-press delay - Is default 500ms or it was changed to any other value?
    3. Which language are you using / is it Bilingual? Paired languages for ex. English/Spanish
    4. In which application you are seeing the issue, every single one or specific?
    5. Please list all major changes that you might have done in settings.
    6. If possible make a video showing the issue.

I have been having this problem since the early days of Swype. I can confirm that it has happened on my HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, OnePlus 2, and now on my Samsung Galaxy S7. It seems to have become a more frequent problem recently. My answers the support tech's questions:
    1. Auto- Correction is ON
    2. Long-press delay is default 500ms
    3. I'm using English/Chinese (Taiwan) Bilingual
    4. I see the problem in every application
    5. I haven't made any changes in the settings. (See video of settings)
    6. There is a link to a video of the issue below.

Issue video link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chK8zb_x0nw

Settings video link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICaPxcyB1zM

I confirm having this issue as well since very long (since emoji got introduced in Swype)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Confirmed on many devices

I, too, have this issue. Soooo annoying! Please fix.
    I think the suggestion of changing the long-press order sequence from M ? to ? M is a good one.
    Alternately, simply remove as a long-press option for the M key (or make it user configurable through settings).

+ Reply to Thread