+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upside down question mark

@charames, @shantanu08,

When you long-press {just long press, don't move finger} on "M" key to get "?" and then lift, what is output?
    What is exact case of seeing issue?: You are swiping / typing sentence, then > long-press "M" (not waiting to see highlighted "?" in the popup menu), then > dragging finger to start another word?
    Can you please provide a bit more details of how you are trying to output "?" and what is next step.

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by MDK-II View Post
    @charames, @shantanu08,

When you long-press {just long press, don't move finger} on "M" key to get "?" and then lift, what is output?
    What is exact case of seeing issue?: You are swiping / typing sentence, then > long-press "M" (not waiting to see highlighted "?" in the popup menu), then > dragging finger to start another word?
    Can you please provide a bit more details of how you are trying to output "?" and what is next step.

Thank you in advance
    When I long-press the output is "?"

I'm sorry if I couldn't explain good enough in the following...

I usually swipe through words more than typing each button. I think I may not be able to explain any better so I'll just tell you the most common way to produce the bug...(watch the video)

https://youtu.be/AiDf6_GT98I

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

@Shantanu08,

Thanks a lot for more details and video

I created post http://forum.swype.com/showthread.php?40909 for the same issue. I hadn't noticed I was creating a duplicate report, so I'm going to move into here.

I watched the video from @Shantanu08, and can confirm that this is NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. That video shows a swipe movement causing this. That video shows what I believe to be expected behavior. Because I have this issue, I am always extremely cautious to not swype while typing a "?", however it still happens 60-80% of the time.

1. Is Auto-Correction OFF or ON? OFF
    2. Long-press delay - Is default 500ms or it was changed to any other value? 400ms
    3. Which language are you using / is it Bilingual? Paired languages for ex. English/Spanish English only
    4. In which application you are seeing the issue, every single one or specific? I experience it most in Hangouts
    5. Please list all major changes that you might have done in settings. http://imgur.com/a/bSplc

Any update on this? It still happens and is getting annoying.

I'd this issue too...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

OH! I thought this was another issue of the german dictionary, but it releaves me that english dictionary has it too
    Since 2.2.3 I see this bug and I learned to live with it like dmeslinger from Post #2
    It is good to hear that 3.0.2 has still this bug, because I thought this was the only thing which was better in 3.0.2 and beside this only new bugs were introduced that I reverted to 2.2.3
    Nuance-Swype Version: 2.2.3 (update-fixed with a Tasker Profile) on SGS4 with LineageOS 13.0

same problem here.

+ Reply to Thread