+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dictionary automatically removes words if used less

Dictionary automatically removes words if used less

Hi there!

I noticed that my Swype + Dragon is changing my dictionary. Words that I personally added a while back because I used them a lot were eventually removed when I stopped using them.
    I know that this is actually a nice feature but I would like to disable this function. Mainly because I want these words to stay in my dictionary even if I don't use them frequently. Just because I want to be able to use them without having to add it again when I want to.

Is there any way to disable this? Thanks

Dictionary size is the main flaw of Swype for me, specially for non English users.

This is not an error, but a design feature.

My guess is that the deletion policy is not based in “least used words“, but oldest, but I don't know for sure.

I never said it was an error and I know how the policy works. What I am asking is a way to disable that policy or a way to bypass it.

It's probably an error. But no one knows.

Swyped from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.5.2.

It's one of many never fixed errors. Languages are often really poor, there are many complaints, naturally unheard.
    I just disabled the sync, cleared the email because I have only 144 words in my personal dictionary, newer words delete older
    I guess that sync does that but I am not sure.
    I am sure though, that I had more words before, because I had saved then into a text file in times when I had to reinstall Swype twice a month because of huge lags etc.
    Last edited by francwalter; 11-15-2015 at 9:32 PM.
    Nuance-Swype Version: 2.2.3 (update-fixed with a Tasker Profile) on SGS4 with CM13

Quote Originally Posted by francwalter View Post
    It's one of many never fixed errors. Languages are often really poor, there are many complaints, naturally unheard.
    I just disabled the sync, cleared the email because I have only 144 words in my personal dictionary, newer words delete older
    I guess that sync does that but I am not sure.
    I am sure though, that I had more words before, because I had saved then into a text file in times when I had to reinstall Swype twice a month because of huge lags etc.
    You're familiar from another forum mate ....

And back to OT... Nuance and swype is the perfect example of how to ruin a very good product.

No question about it, swype still have the best gesture typing, but it's very irritating when a company doesn't care about her product and users.
    I personally, started using swiftkey more and more.
    Swiping is not as close as swype, but typing is better (actually everything else is better.. ), there are descent updates and the general feeling is that there's someone who actually "cares" behind the product...

Edit: this "swiftkey flow" is pretty lousy...
    Maybe I should go back to swype until swiftkey improves it??
    Last edited by gabim11; 11-16-2015 at 5:43 AM.

I was often gone to swiftkey for a while especially when Swype had its lag time
    Now it is stable enough and prediction is still best here.
    This only my personal and subjective impression.
    Today got language updates in Swype anybody knows it?
    (I asked that also in German topic)

EDIT: don't notice any change, still crappy
    Last edited by francwalter; 11-26-2015 at 1:41 AM.
    Nuance-Swype Version: 2.2.3 (update-fixed with a Tasker Profile) on SGS4 with CM13

SwiftKey for me all the way at the moment. I'm tired of an unreliable dictionary and synching feature. Not to forget that the problem of compound words doesn't get solved either.

I uninstalled Swype and reinstalled it clean (naturely without the sync crap) and put back my own dictionary (I have a backup as text file).
    Before I had in the end only 120 words, now I could put 430 (that is how many I have). Could add more I guess.
    So for the moment the own dictionary word limit seems to be gone, never know on buggy Swype how long this holds.

Yes, the compound bug is and will never be fixed, that clear now.
    SwiftKey after a while using I come always back to swype, the reco is just better and that is the main thing after all, unfortuntely.

Agree, the recognition might be not as strong but imo still manageable.

At the moment it looks like I won't be going back to Swype anytime soon. Prefer SwiftKey to Swype on my tablet even more.

+ Reply to Thread