+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autocorrect for manual tap type input should be secondary.. give me the word I typed!

Autocorrect for manual tap type input should be secondary.. give me the word I typed!

I posted this in the bug forum, but I might as well repeat this here since it seems like no one sees these forums anyways..

One thing I wish I could request for autocorrect is that if I'm manually typing a word myself, please use that as the default word and put the auto-correct potential proper spelling as the 2nd choice word to the left. I can't tell you how many times i swype a word, then have to delete and manually type it just for swype to delete my typed word with the auto correct, and then never give me the correct option again. I have go back and delete everything and start over, and then manually click my entered word on the left. Sometimes this takes me longer to correct then if I wrote the whole text message over from scratch.

Basically, if I'm typing the word in myself letter by letter, there's a good chance I did that because swyping didn't get it, and therefore I don't want it auto-corrected by default. Does anyone else feel this way?

I do, too.

Absolutely. At the very least, it should be an option in settings--for both Swype mode and tap mode.

Yes, this is the single biggest frustration of using Swype. If I'm tapping something out, it's because I already know it's NOT in the dictionary.

AMEN!, I agree totally.

Agree completely. Would be a great help, and save a lot of gritting of teeth.

Should have option same like in android my words to syn across the devices android or ios with gmail.

+1 typed word should be Swype's first choice

If Swype doen't know a word, or it doesn't come up as an option, and I type it out letter by letter,
    WHY would I want it to "correct" the text string I just specifically typed out to an incorrect alternative?
    So annoying!
    If I say a word over the phone and you get it wrong, fair enough, but if I just spelled it out, then you're being a dick.

+ Reply to Thread