+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Android to IOS

Android to IOS

Greetings,

I purchased SWYPE a year ago or so on my Android Galaxy. I have since moved to an iPhone 6 and would like to know if there is a way to transfer my license.

Do I really need to purchase again?

Thanks

No way. And what's even worse: be ready to loose a lot of features with iOS. And when I say "a lot", I mean A LOT. Just hang around in the forums and you'll discover...
    It seems that iOS' money is less worth than Android's.

Wow, That explains a lot.
    I was wondering why digital/IT data couldn't just be transferred between operation system.
    I'm a Thai user who missed this function on my phone A LOT. T_T
    THAI LANGUAGE PLEASE!!

I miss those additional features that I depend on every day as well. But Nuance or any other software developer isn't going to be able to provide the full capabilities between OSs, especially early in development and roll out. If they committed to doing that the release would be years later and then they would have to do updates frequently for things that the Beta process didn't pick up.

Letting them know what's important to their users is among the best ways to influence the feature development. I like Swype on iOS despite its lacks because it's still far better than hunt and peck. It's also cheaper if you don't mind the limited themes.

For what it's worth.
    Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair they had to repeat most of the work to get the IOS version so it is only reasonable to charge again for it.

Agreed, magwai. Coding an app for Android is VERY different from coding one for iOS. Many companies have entirely different teams working on each OS. The license for each environment allows us to install as many times as we want on that account. How would it be fair to the provider to make that apply across all environments and platforms without charging more that Swype does for the product?

Cheap and easy rarely equals good quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyre View Post
    Greetings,

I purchased SWYPE a year ago or so on my Android Galaxy. I have since moved to an iPhone 6 and would like to know if there is a way to transfer my license.

Do I really need to purchase again?

Thanks
    Android and iOS are totally different platforms, so you can't move the words to iOS literally.

+ Reply to Thread