+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't add e-mail address to Swype's dictionary

Can't add e-mail address to Swype's dictionary

I want to add my e-mail address to swype's dictionary since I type it a lot. However, it seems to get messed up by the @ symbol. If my e-mail address is name@address.com, swype will count "name" as its own word as soon as I type the "@" and I am unable to get it to look at it as one word. Is there any way to teach swype to type my e-mail address quickly? I have to type it so much between all the apps I use and it's really annoying swype can't do this better.

I'm using iphone, btw.

Hi there,

You can add your email address to the dictionary by using the following steps:

1. Tap your full email address out without spaces
    2. Press space
    3. Tap on the prompt shown

Your email address should now be added to the dictionary! In case you have difficulty doing this in a specific application, try doing the same in a different text field.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.W View Post
    Hi there,

You can add your email address to the dictionary by using the following steps:

1. Tap your full email address out without spaces
    2. Press space
    3. Tap on the prompt shown

Your email address should now be added to the dictionary! In case you have difficulty doing this in a specific application, try doing the same in a different text field.

Hope that helps!
    Hi, this is still an issue, although the above will save the email address it is not offered as a choice when typing it in again. So if I save me1234@me1234.com and type me1234 the saved email address is not offered as a word choice, even though its in my dictionary. If I add the @ its still not an option. At no stage is my saved email offered as a choice from the dictionary?

Hi kiwitrc and Jacob,
    I've just tried this myself and it actually does work (oops, just noticed that you post was for iOS, and I'm using Android Nougat...), although it seems that I have to swype most (but not all) of the letters in the email address to get it to be inserted in my document.
    EG: if I'm sam@samsplace.com.za I've found that I have to swype sam@samsplace. and Swype will guess the rest.
    Still, it's better than hunting and pecking. :-)
    So maybe it works like that with iOS, too?
    Kind regards,
    Roger V.
    Kind regards,
    Roger.

(Running Swype on Moto G5, Android 7 (Nougat), phone owned outright (no carrier "enhancements"))

+ Reply to Thread