What should I do if the Swype Keyboard is just missing, unresponsive, or doesn't show up?
We believe we have fixed this issue in our new release, please update to the latest version of Swype.
What should I do if my Swype keyboard is replaced by the Apple keyboard?
This is appears to be an external issue as multiple 3rd party keyboards are affected, we are working hard to get it resolved. It often occurs when:
• Returning to an app after locking the device
• Creating a new message in messaging apps
• Switching between apps
You can reduce the frequency of this issue by trying one or more of the following steps:
• From the device Settings menu (Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards) select edit and move the Swype Keyboard to the top of your enabled keyboard list and/or remove all other keyboards
• Close the application you are in (by double tapping the home key and sliding the application up to close it) and restart it
• Enable Touch ID instead of a passcode on your device
• Once you have tried the above, press and hold the Globe key and reselect Swype
Note: In password and credit card information fields Apple always requires the use of their own keyboards
Why can’t I see the text I am entering in some applications?
In some applications text fields are not correctly responding to the height of the keyboard (like the App Store review text field, arg!). This is an iOS 8 platform constraint and we are working with Apple to get it resolved.
We will update this page as more information becomes available.
--Swype Community Management