+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KNOWN ISSUES - Please Read

KNOWN ISSUES - Please Read

What should I do if the Swype Keyboard is just missing, unresponsive, or doesn't show up?

We believe we have fixed this issue in our new release, please update to the latest version of Swype.

What should I do if my Swype keyboard is replaced by the Apple keyboard?

This is appears to be an external issue as multiple 3rd party keyboards are affected, we are working hard to get it resolved. It often occurs when:

• Returning to an app after locking the device
    • Creating a new message in messaging apps
    • Switching between apps

You can reduce the frequency of this issue by trying one or more of the following steps:

• From the device Settings menu (Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards) select edit and move the Swype Keyboard to the top of your enabled keyboard list and/or remove all other keyboards
    • Close the application you are in (by double tapping the home key and sliding the application up to close it) and restart it
    • Enable Touch ID instead of a passcode on your device
    • Once you have tried the above, press and hold the Globe key and reselect Swype

Note: In password and credit card information fields Apple always requires the use of their own keyboards

Why can’t I see the text I am entering in some applications?

In some applications text fields are not correctly responding to the height of the keyboard (like the App Store review text field, arg!). This is an iOS 8 platform constraint and we are working with Apple to get it resolved.

We will update this page as more information becomes available.

Thank you
    --Swype Community Management

You can't type a
    Code:
    :)
    or other similar emoticons after a word. If you type a space between a sentence and then any emoticon the space typed is removed/ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetVirtuoso View Post
    You can't type a
    Code:
    :)
    or other similar emoticons after a word. If you type a space between a sentence and then any emoticon the space typed is removed/ignored.
    The same happens when trying to type space hyphen space, the first space is automatically deleted irrespective of having autocorrect turned off - though the space hyphen space problem has existed & been reported often, ever since the shortcut frequently used by a majority if not most swype users was removed for some reason years ago now, & has been a much requested re-addition since then.

KNOWN ISSUES - Please Read

I think I found a work around for the Apple keyboard showing up instead of the Swype keyboard:

In Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Edit > Delete the one labeled "English". Since I've done that, the Apple keyboard hasn't shown up. Though I haven't tested with a password or credit card where Apple requires their keyboard.

Also for the text not showing up, just tap on the text box and it should initialize the keyboard and you will be able to type.

TapaTalk for iPhone.
    Last edited by Alpine; 09-22-2014 at 8:48 AM.
    - iPhone 5S

Quote Originally Posted by CamÜber View Post
    The same happens when trying to type space hyphen space, the first space is automatically deleted irrespective of having autocorrect turned off - though the space hyphen space problem has existed & been reported often, ever since the shortcut frequently used by a majority if not most swype users was removed for some reason years ago now, & has been a much requested re-addition since then.
    Oh god, yes, please fix this behaviour. It drives me crazy and is one of the main reasons why I haven't adopted Swype as my full-time keyboard.

The space-hypen-space issue is the reason why I periodically switch to Swiftkey (until I get annoyed by the lack of long-press for numbers & symbols and switch back to Swype).

I've tried all the tricks and suggestions to get this app to work and am finding it frustrating. I purchased it off Apple Store after the new iPhone update 8.0. I couldn't wait. It works with my Facebook. Not with my messenger or with any of my email. I've tried deleting the English keyboard all together, put Swype at the top.. it still doesn't show. Any suggestions? I've also sent an email requesting help and have received none. FRUSTRATED.

Quote Originally Posted by rainynight65 View Post
    Oh god, yes, please fix this behaviour. It drives me crazy and is one of the main reasons why I haven't adopted Swype as my full-time keyboard.
    +1. I registered here to report this very bug.

Looks like that's fixed in the update that just came out. Woo!

very nice - though I almost didn't realise!

+ Reply to Thread