+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KNOWN ISSUES - Please Read

One issue still not working is the ability to turn off autocorrect (even when turning it off in the settings it continues to revise words after typing them and either hitting "spacebar" or swyping another word. Right now it forces me to type a word and then have to tap on the first word on the suggestion list (which is never the default, but rather the default is the 2nd word, the one in the middle, which is almost never what I want to type). A possible fix would be to, by default, use the first word in the list (as if I tapped on it) when Swyping the next word or tapping spacebar.

In some fields where I want to enter only numbers or symbols the keyboard gets switched back to ABC after entering every single character (forcing me to switch back or use long-press to enter these items). This is common with forms to fill out within apps or websites.

Single-letter words are not recognized and cannot be added to dictionary... always get replaced with something else (I want to enter "u" as in short for "you" and it gets replaced with "I")... Same for "y" and "u". Fixing the autocorrect issue may fix this as well.

Worst Swype yet

On Android it was flaky, iPhone 6 ios 8.2 and the keyboard stops working. Sometimes does not show up, sometimes you can move your finger over the screen and see the suggestion but nothing appears. I have to force close my txt message program and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman01 View Post
    One issue still not working is the ability to turn off autocorrect (even when turning it off in the settings it continues to revise words after typing them and either hitting "spacebar" or swyping another word. Right now it forces me to type a word and then have to tap on the first word on the suggestion list (which is never the default, but rather the default is the 2nd word, the one in the middle, which is almost never what I want to type). A possible fix would be to, by default, use the first word in the list (as if I tapped on it) when Swyping the next word or tapping spacebar.

In some fields where I want to enter only numbers or symbols the keyboard gets switched back to ABC after entering every single character (forcing me to switch back or use long-press to enter these items). This is common with forms to fill out within apps or websites.

Single-letter words are not recognized and cannot be added to dictionary... always get replaced with something else (I want to enter "u" as in short for "you" and it gets replaced with "I")... Same for "y" and "u". Fixing the autocorrect issue may fix this as well.
    Pretty much this..

I'm still on 8.1.2 (because of jailbreak), and I love using swype. It's my goto keyboard, but it's still quite buggy for me. The performance is killing me- I have to force quit messages app at least 10 times a day because the keyboard freezes. I'd like to re-install swype but does it delete your dictionary when you reinstall the app? I'd like to not lose my custom dictionary if i don't have too. I heard the keyboard crashing was due to the OS not giving 3rd party keyboards enough memory allocation, I went and adjusted this (ifile through jailbreak) and it didn't seem to make a difference for me. Just an fyi incase anyone thought that was a culprit.

Additionally, these may not be bugs but definite enhancements I'd like to see: One thing I wish I could request for autocorrect is that if I'm manually typing a word myself, please use that as the default word and put the auto-correct potential proper spelling as the 2nd choice word to the left. I can't tell you how many times i swype a word, then have to delete and manually type it, just for swype to delete my typed word with the auto correct, and then never give me the correct option again until i go back and delete everything and start over, and then manually click my entered word on the left. Sometimes this takes me longer to correct then if I wrote the whole text message over from scratch. If I'm typing the word in myself, there's a good chance I don't want it autocorrected by default. Pleaseee change this!

Also the context auto correct is cool, but I wish it would do a better job highlighting the words it's changed AFTER i wrote it because I can't tell you how many texts people think I'm illiterate because it has autocorrected my sentence AFTER i wrote it. Can you guys at least highlight that text in orange or something if it's been auto corrected after the fact? I don't normally go back and read my texts before I send them, because it's not an email.

Hopefully this is being addressed, I haven't tried 8.3 yet but if the performance issues are fixed for sure, I may have to consider upgrading my software. Would be curious to hear.

I am still regularly not getting any keyboard when I open iOS spotlight search.

A quick workaround for me is to open the vJournal app (quick journal entries to Evernote). This always brings up the Swype keyboard, and then I can return to what I was doing and have a visible keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman01 View Post
    Definitely this - Swype just does not react to numbers like the default and other keyboards do, an app will request the number keyboard and it will appear, but Swype will return to the normal layout after a single press, which is plain dumb.

I'll also highlight that the missing keyboard issue (mainly in Messages or Spotlight) still plagues me, although it is definitely worse on the iPhone 6+ than on the iPad 3.

the swype keyboard froze today. i have ios 9.0.2 and the very latest version of swype that is available in the app store today (1.6.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.W View Post
    What should I do if the Swype Keyboard is just missing, unresponsive, or doesn't show up?

We believe we have fixed this issue in our new release, please update to the latest version of Swype.
    Not fixed for me. I have disabled Swype for now. Shame I really liked it on my iPhone 7

+ Reply to Thread