+ Reply to Thread

Thread: about = allot

about = allot

what is this stupid word, 'allot'

how many times am I going to use that word, in comparison to the word 'about' ?

and I have no way of removing it from my dictionary (as i dont mind to be forced to type out the word 'allot' when it comes time that i actually need to use it, considering that need comes so infrequently)

EVERY TIME I want to type 'about', i have to try around three or so times and even so, i eventually just have to resort to obtaining it by selecting it on the list of suggested words, as it almost never appears automatically. and usually, for this word. 'allot'. allot is what is always offered first and foremost.
    shouldn't these kinds of regular words like 'about' that is part of every day lingo take precedence over words like 'allot'? dont you have some kind of priority ranking or something? I have no idea.

and while i'm at it, dont know if this is phone specific (lg g2) or what, but the pointer that shows you where you are in the sentence always covers up the most useful suggested word. sometimes i cant even click it because its covering it. or at the very least, it obscures me from seeing the whole word, and therefore from knowing if thats the word i really want.

also, I use the percentage symbol a lot, and i find it's really tucked away, far from the whole numbers section. i rarely use the other symbols on the same section as percentage sign, perhaps with the exception of euro symbol, but even that one is rare enough not to mind it being relegated away. but percentage is used a lot.
    Last edited by wontcheckback; 07-16-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wontcheckback View Post
    what is this stupid word, 'allot'

how many times am I going to use that word, in comparison to the word 'about' ?

and I have no way of removing it from my dictionary (as i dont mind to be forced to type out the word 'allot' when it comes time that i actually need to use it, considering that need comes so infrequently)

EVERY TIME I want to type 'about', i have to try around three or so times and even so, i eventually just have to resort to obtaining it by selecting it on the list of suggested words, as it almost never appears automatically. and usually, for this word. 'allot'. allot is what is always offered first and foremost.
    shouldn't these kinds of regular words like 'about' that is part of every day lingo take precedence over words like 'allot'? dont you have some kind of priority ranking or something? I have no idea.

and while i'm at it, dont know if this is phone specific (lg g2) or what, but the pointer that shows you where you are in the sentence always covers up the most useful suggested word. sometimes i cant even click it because its covering it. or at the very least, it obscures me from seeing the whole word, and therefore from knowing if thats the word i really want.

also, I use the percentage symbol a lot, and i find it's really tucked away, far from the whole numbers section. i rarely use the other symbols on the same section as percentage sign, perhaps with the exception of euro symbol, but even that one is rare enough not to mind it being relegated away. but percentage is used a lot.
    First, 'allot' is NOT a stupid word.
    allot
    əˈlt/
    verb
    verb: allot; 3rd person present: allots; past tense: allotted; past participle: allotted; gerund or present participle: allotting
    give or apportion (something) to someone as a share or task.
    "equal time was allotted to each"

Second, why can't you remove it from your dictionary if you want to? Long pressing the word on the suggestion bar doesn't work? By the way, you didn't bother stating what OS and Swype version you're using.

On MY phone, on MY version of Swype, I NEVER get 'allot' when I Swype 'about'.

The cursor covering the suggested words is an Android issue.

Again, since you didn't bother stating what OS and Swype version you're using, this may or may not work the same as the version I'm using, but I get to % by long pressing the 'c'. Quick and easy to me. How do you envision it being easier?
    Swype 1.5.15.19977 (Current) / HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7) / Swype 1.6.5.23769 (Prior; Reverted Due To Lag & Slowness), 1.4.9.13905 (Prior)
    Swype User Since April 2010 (Windows Mobile)

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it
    walmartone
    Last edited by next660; 02-09-2017 at 5:13 AM.

good! thanh all
    Đại l thiết bị vệ sinh toto chnh hng

+ Reply to Thread