+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trial expired -- so now what?

Trial expired -- so now what?

Swype tells me that my trial has expired, but offers no suggestions as to what i should do about this.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do now?

To swype: for gods sake fix this asap, i'm sure there are allot of people not bothering to come and ask about this.

Yes I installed Swype on my HTC desire 2 weeks ago, now says its expired, followed a suggestion of removing then re-installing, this doesn't work? Is there a paid version, Ill pay for it! please let me know to sort this

The Beta expires when the next version comes out. Uninstall the old version, keeping the SwypeInstaller. Then launch the installer, it will autoupdate, and install the latest beta. I now have 3.6.84.26668. I also installed 2 weeks ago on my HTC Incredible 2. I got the notice of the new version in my email a couple days ago and it told me I was expired today.

It's the price we pay for having a Beta. For those few who got phones with it pre-installed, they are stuck with the version the phone came with. I think it's a very small price.
    Last edited by muggie; 06-21-2011 at 3:08 AM.

How do I uninstall the older version? Because I tried to do like the first time by erasing the swype.apk and swype.odex but I did not find it this time.

EDIT: fixed. It's working already
    Last edited by Juanjo; 06-21-2011 at 6:17 AM.

So I tried to uninstall and download the new version from beta.swype.com/android/get.

But it says "Sorry! This is not an Android phone." (Even though it most certainly is -- HTC desire HD). Then suggests i consult the FAQ, which dosn't mention the problem at all! ><

Is there any way to fix the phone detection?

Did you try different browser? Some of them might identify as desktop versions to get proper versions of webpages instead of mobile versions. Ideally, use default browser.

How do I uninstall the older version? Because I tried to do like the first time by erasing the swype.apk and swype.odex but I did not find it this time.

Official documentation on uninstalling Swype on production devices can be found here: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...duction-Device
    Rob Boehm
    Community Relations & Beta Associate
    rob.boehm [at] swype [dot] com

http://www.swype.com/wp-content/them...mages/logo.png
    Asus EEE Transformer | WiFi | 3.2 Honeycomb | Stock Firmware | Swype Beta
    HTC G2 Vision | T-Mo | 2.3.3 Gingerbread | CyanMod 7.0.2-Vision | Swype Beta
    HTC G1 Dream | WiFi | 2.2.1 Froyo | CyanMod 6.1.0-DS | Swype Beta

Please note, I will not respond to direct emails and messages for support until I'm able to attend to EVERY post in the forums. Please be patient. Thank you :-)

+ Reply to Thread