+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swype Installation Failed

david,
    you can be sure I have read the trouble shooting section before i did my last posting.
    "Application not installed" is not mentioned there and nothing seems to fit.
    can you please be more specific ?
    sorry, if i am too stupid (i am only a physicist).
    these are all trouble shooting items and I consider each of them:
    - "I Forgot my password!"
    I did not. Anyway I followed the above advice and got a new one.
    - "I need to download Swype again but I've lost/deleted the email containing the download link. Can you send me another email?"
    I have downloaded again and again (all in all 7 times).
    - "I click the link in my activation email to download Swype, but I'm told that my phone is not an Android device, even though it is! "
    I have downloaded again and again (all in all 7 times).
    - "I am trying to download and install Swype Beta using the Swype Installer and I'm getting the message: 'Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package.' "
    I did not get this message and any way I downloaded several times successfully.
    - "I installed Swype BETA but when I try to use it, it beeps, flashes a blue border, or gives me an error saying 'Swype is configured for another device...' "
    I wreck before this can happen. The installing of the swype installer fails already.
    - "I receive an error about Swype not being available for my phone's 'Screen Size' "
    as I said, I wreck before this can happen.
    - "My question isn't answered here. How can I get additional help?
    While we do not offer any kind of official support for our beta program (the software is offered "as-is" and may contain bugs), we've set up a forum where users can discuss issues amongst themselves, ask for help"
    that seems to be the item for me. This puts me in a circle, from the forum to the trouble shooting section and back again.
    Last edited by samurex; 05-08-2012 at 10:54 AM.

I'm not sure what you mean by "wreck". Can you be more specific here? Have you tried to re-download the Installer APK? "Application not installed" would seem to indicate you have not, so I'd recommend following this step-by-step guide: https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

Be sure to check your device's 'Downloads' folder for the Swype-installer.apk file.

Out of curiosity, which device are you using?

be sure that reading the step-by-step instruction was the first thing what i did (the browser window is still open).
    please have a look at the screenshot two postings before!!!
    i have re-downloaded and re-started the installer apk 7 times.
    "Application not installed" is the result of the installer execution and pops up after the progress bar of the installation (of the swype installer).

HTC desire with CM7

This isn't a bug with the Installer, and my guess is it's either related to the fact that you have multiple copies of the same APK on your device (I looked at the screenshot you provide), or perhaps something odd going on with permissions in your custom ROM (CM7). I'd suggest taking a peek at this tread for more info, but when it comes to custom ROMs and associated permissions, this is out of our domain as we have zero visibility there.

Hi,

I'm getting the same error: "Swype Installation Failed. Login Failed. Check your username and password. You must have an ACTIVE Beta account to login." I'm new with swype, and i'm just trying to install it.

I tried changing the password as you said, i tried uninstalling swype and swype installer and re-sending the e-mail and I still get the same error.

Many times I also get "Registration of swype failed" error, I don't know how to deal with it.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII that I've just update it to ICS. I think swype didn't came pre-installed but I'm not sure.
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by jotabellu; 05-13-2012 at 2:10 AM.

hi jotabellu,

in my case all problems have fixed itself by just waiting a few days and trying again.
    now i have a new problem: it is not possible to download other languages than english.
    but I read here in the forum that this error too might fix itself after some time waiting.
    I exercise hope and patience now ...

@jotabellu, this error is usually the result of an incorrect username and/or password entry. Please make sure you are using the username and password you registered with the Swype Beta program (reminder: usernames and passwords are case-sensitive).

@samurex, please ensure you have switched your input method to Swype and have activated the Swype keyboard in a text field. You must do so, click "Accept" to our Terms and Conditions, and then enter Swype Settings > Language Options > Manage Languages > Download languages.

Cheers!

hi david,

i have had the user/pwd error a few times - all of them after resetting my password (and remembering intensively).
    but how I said, a few days later it worked.

believe it or not: the item "download languages" was missing several times I tried. while I am writing this I want to make a screenshot and - voilà! - the item is there and the download works fine.

so everything is fine now with swype on my device. I am happy.

For what it's worth, after *many* cycles of the dreaded parse error I was able to complete the download and installation of Swype on my Google Play plain vanilla Galaxy Nexus after turning off everything else on my home network so the phone had as little competition for bandwidth as I could muster.

SWYPE Installer Error

Hi, everyone.

I got this error when I tried to launch the Swype Installer:

"Swype Installer Error. No data network was found. An internet connection is required" (with an "OK" button at the bottom to tap on)

Well the "An internet connection is required" part was quite a challenge to me because I just finished downloading the apk file, run it and executed the "Swype Installer" from my apps list. No I did not turn off the internet connection and obviously I was still able to surf elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm on HTC One V (not rooted), and on "Internet Pass-through" mode (Sharing internet with laptop via USB)

Any idea how to fix this?

+ Reply to Thread