+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I edit the dictionary?

How do I edit the dictionary?

For some reason, the dictionary now contains a typo'd version of my userid. So Swype recognizes the misspelling. I need to remove that word.

I may be overlooking something trivial, but how do I get to "settings" for swype? How do I edit or at least remove words from the dictionary?

Pointers? links?
    Thanks
    Pat

1. Swype your username again. It will be wrong of course.
    2. Double-tap your urbane until it is selected, or a word choice box appears.
    3. Press the Swype key until you get the option to delete the word.

These instructions are vague because there are different versions of Swype floating around. Thus should definitely work in the latest beta.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Question Suggestion for the dictionary

Hi,

Why can't we have a flat file or something simple for user dictionary which (s)he can edit either via mobile or on a computer (file being on the cloud)? If I had such a facility I would spend half hour and add all various words, short forms, other language words, etc into this file and be done with it. If I make a typo correcting the same would be so much simpler - the current method is slightly painful and not even consistent. Instead of me using multiple gestures on the mobile I can easily add/edit words on this flat file on a computer or even on the device using swype itself!

Kindly let know if some such feature already exists.

Thanks in advance,
    Mayank

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mynk View Post
    Hi,

Why can't we have a flat file or something simple for user dictionary which (s)he can edit either via mobile or on a computer (file being on the cloud)? If I had such a facility I would spend half hour and add all various words, short forms, other language words, etc into this file and be done with it. If I make a typo correcting the same would be so much simpler - the current method is slightly painful and not even consistent. Instead of me using multiple gestures on the mobile I can easily add/edit words on this flat file on a computer or even on the device using swype itself!

Kindly let know if some such feature already exists.

Thanks in advance,
    Mayank
    You may wanna post this over in feature requests, although i think it has been brought up over there before. Not sure of the outcome. As of 3.6.xxxx it is not an option to do that.

+ Reply to Thread