+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swype suddenly stopped working

Swype suddenly stopped working

I have been a Swype user for the last couple of months. It has been working great on my Nexus One, except the fact that every single time I reboot my phone, I have to manually go to the Keyboard settings and select Swype to activate it. It is kind of frustrating, but it is still okay.
    This morning, all of a sudden, the Swype keyboard gave me the following error message - 'The Swype package you installed in configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality'.
    I don't understand the problem. Please provide me with a solution.
    Thanks.

same, even after reinstall

Swype was working fine until about two days ago when I began receiving the exact same message. I tried reinstalling today, but the situation is unchanged.

solved by clearing INSTALLER data

I force stopped, cleared data, then uninstalled Swype, then I force stopped and cleared data on the Swype Installer before reinstalling again. (I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Swype with no luck, but after clearing data on the installer, it reinstalled as if from scratch and is working fine.)

Exact problem here on my HTC Incredible. Tried the stop/clear/uninstall thing, then reinstalled fresh. Didn't work. The first time I tried to swype on the keyboard, the "configured for another device..." message came up and swype doesn't work. I can type in individual letters, but can't use swype. I hate this...Swype peeps, please help!

+ Reply to Thread