HTC EVO + SWYPE BETA
+ OTA FIRMWARE 3.70.651.1
All HTC EVO users should be aware that the latest Over-the-Air update from Sprint includes Swype PreLoaded. If you currently have the BETA version of Swype installed on your device and try to install this update, you will experience constant crashing of Swype with the message “The application Swype (process com.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again”
To resolve this issue, you must uninstall Swype BETA and reboot your device by following these steps:
- Whenever you see a window telling you that com.swype.android.inputmethod has crashed, press the Force Close button
- From your home screen, press the Menu button and choose Settings
- Go to Applications -> Manage Applications
- In the downloaded applications list, select Swype
- Press the Uninstall button, then press OK to uninstall Swype beta.
- Reboot your device by holding down the power button and choosing Power Off
Once your device has rebooted, you will be able to use the preloaded version of Swype by long-pressing on any text field, choosing Input Method, and selecting Swype. Note - Swype will not be available until AFTER you have rebooted!