+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swipe not working after reboot

Swipe not working after reboot

when I turn my phone on after a reboot swipe is not working.....any help? Thank you! HTC incredible w/Froyo and Swipe version 2.15.56.14870
    Last edited by prego93; 12-09-2010 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prego93 View Post
    when I turn my phone on after a reboot swipe is not working.....any help? Thank you! HTC incredible w/Froyo and Swipe version 2.15.56.14870
    I had the same problem, I just downloaded the new installer and APK and worked fine till I rebooted, Then I got the blue broader but I could still type letters but not swype. I read in another they had a workaround, Enable the android keyboard then switch back to swype and it works, I pretty sure that something is not loading correctly after the reboot, seems a lot of the people are having the same issues, I am running ADW launcher but no task killers

Quote Originally Posted by elmdel View Post
    I had the same problem, I just downloaded the new installer and APK and worked fine till I rebooted, Then I got the blue broader but I could still type letters but not swype. I read in another they had a workaround, Enable the android keyboard then switch back to swype and it works, I pretty sure that something is not loading correctly after the reboot, seems a lot of the people are having the same issues, I am running ADW launcher but no task killers
    I am running a samsung moment(SPH-M900) stock rom 2.1 -update Kernel version 2.6.29 Build Eclair Dj07

Quote Originally Posted by elmdel View Post
    Thanks for the work around for this problem. I am using an HTC DINC and have that problem. I shut the DINC down every night so I can get a full charge on the battery so I need to do this work around every morning. Thanks again for this post.

This would be happening due to an issue with the licensing. Loading on boot. If this continues to happen after enabling and disabling it you can try running the Swype installer again.

The current version is equipped to detect if Swype is already installed, and if it is it will then see if the license is in need or repair.
    Rob Boehm
    Community Relations & Beta Associate
    rob.boehm [at] swype [dot] com

http://www.swype.com/wp-content/them...mages/logo.png
    Asus EEE Transformer | WiFi | 3.2 Honeycomb | Stock Firmware | Swype Beta
    HTC G2 Vision | T-Mo | 2.3.3 Gingerbread | CyanMod 7.0.2-Vision | Swype Beta
    HTC G1 Dream | WiFi | 2.2.1 Froyo | CyanMod 6.1.0-DS | Swype Beta

Please note, I will not respond to direct emails and messages for support until I'm able to attend to EVERY post in the forums. Please be patient. Thank you :-)

This doesn't work for me:
    1. Uninstalled installer, uninstalled sywpe
    2. installed new installer, installed new swype
    3. reboot, still not working

Also tried this on another phone:
    1. Did not uninstall anything
    2. Installed (updated) new installer
    3. Got the message that the license needs re-generating. Went thru the steps to regenerate however this did NOT download the new Swype beta afterwards and this did NOT fix the licensing issue.
    4. Subsequent runs of the Swype Installer just keeps reverting to the same license generation steps
    5. Uninstalled installer, uninstalled swype
    6. Installed installer, installed swype
    7. Reboot, still not working

Both phones are Samsung Moment

Quote Originally Posted by robert.boehm View Post
    This would be happening due to an issue with the licensing. Loading on boot. If this continues to happen after enabling and disabling it you can try running the Swype installer again.

The current version is equipped to detect if Swype is already installed, and if it is it will then see if the license is in need or repair.

Motorola Cliq

My husband and I are having the same issue on our Motorola Cliq phones, but this has only happened since we upgraded to the new Blur_Version.2.1.2.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US

Prior to the OS upgrade, the newest version of Swype wouldn't even work on our phones, as we were stuck at Blur_Version.1.5 (not supported by the newest release).

As a reiteration of the problem, every time I reboot my phone, the Swype keyboard no longer registers any letters in the word field when I slide my finger around for a word. After I try to enter a word a blue box flashes around the keyboard, but nothing else happens.

At this point I have uninstalled and reinstalled Swype 5 times. I have also tried to re-initiate Swype as recommended above, but this does not work.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information that might help.

Same happening with my HTC Desire HD. Running stock software, no Roms or Roots.

I am finding that after extensive use of my phone while running Swype after a couple of days it will slow down somewhat. Rebooting my phone to resolve this stops the dictionary and "swype" aspect of Swype working completely.

To fix this, I am going to my settings and languages untick Swype, load up the stock keyboard. I then go back into settings and languages, turn Swype back on then go to my app draw and run the Swype installer and turn it on also there.

Seems to resolve the problem until I have to reboot again.

I have the Droid Incredible.

I had this problem as well. I uninstalled several widgets that were running, sorry, I can't remember them all, one of which was Battery Left widget, and others that I rarely use. Rebooted the phone and Swype worked without having to select another keyboard. I then reinstalled several of the apps that I had deleted and it still works fine.

I am guessing there was a conflict with Swype being installed after one of the apps/widgets I had previously installed.

Hope this helps.

Same problem on mine and my wife's HTC Incredible phones (Froyo). I have been going into settings/applications/swype Force Stop then have to change the input method back. But this is nothing new, seems like I have always had to do this since the beginning (6 months?? cant remember when the Incredible first came out, I got this right away) I always figured I had too many apps, but my wife just got accepted into the beta last week and she has barely any apps installed.
    Last edited by ShaneBridges; 12-16-2010 at 8:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread