Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

5 100.00%
  • No.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [All feature requests] + ***Actual DICTIONARY words - no "2mr", "tmr" and so on...

Cool [All feature requests] + ***Actual DICTIONARY words - no "2mr", "tmr" and so on...

Updated on 23/11!

I thought that having a header like that will gain more views and in that number of views, hopefully a Swype developer!

I have no idea if this has been addressed already but looking at the amount of threads, there are plenty of annoying "features" which makes this amazing Swype, slightly not so amazing.

"Hidden Word" Pop-up: While we appreciate your efforts in the new BETA 2.10.---- minimizing the amount of it's occurance, it's still occuring. can we get the pop-up only once, please! we get the memo already ):

THE NEW PASSWORD POP-UP : we sincerely thank you guys for "fixing" the "Hidden Word" pop-up but you've now included a new annoying pop-up... the password pop-up! we get you the first time on "Hidden Words" and "Password" security measures, don't pop up every single time. lol. once is enough, once! ;p

Backup/Restore Custom Dictionary: I'm sure serial flashers will definitely love this feature instead of having to rebuild your custom words from scratch!

Themes: Not the most important of suggestions, but a nice thing to add overall. while the new Icy theme looks refreshing, I'm not really a guy for bright stuff. able to choose between your templates would be good! Light/Dark.

Option to disable auto-save of new words: every time you enter a word that's not in the dictionary, it gets saved automatically. i hope that there's an option to turn this "feature" off.

Auto-capitalization on States, Countries, Days, and so on: Pre-defined caps. basically! "On a Monday October night, I flew to Japan, Tokyo for a trip."

Voice Input: Since the new Swype provides voice input(thank you for hearing our prayers!), a request to HIDE that button for users that have no need for that. I find myself hitting the period/fullstop(.) key more instead of Spacebar. which is highly annoying.

Smart dictionary: Swype chooses words that are used more often, than words Swyped in the same pattern/manner/motion. Might be a little tricky and might do more harm than good, maybe implement a scale/on-off button not really a must, bottom of the priority list.

's: Pre-defined 's? say... "it's" instead of "its". please let us remove default "dictionary" words***

Connection of Swyping pattern?: [THIS IS ONLY PRESENT IN THE LATEST BETA 2.10.xxx] One new thing I've noticed is the new "feature" that... okay I can't explain this except -

try typing this sentence - "feel like going gym" as fast as you can, you'll see what I mean.

What I'm trying to say is, Swype now no longer seamlessly lets us Swype through everything, instead it "connects" those Swyping patterns that are close together ("feeL" to "Like"), forming another pattern altogether. this is also highly annoying.

Customizable Dictionary: I'm sure we would love to see what we, as users have input in Swype (be in intentionally or accidentally) so we can arrange, delete, edit and so forth. Also to delete defaults words as some of them aren't even words***

***And this gets to my point - ACTUAL Words from the Dictionary!

I'm gonna assume most of us use English as our main language so, instead of funky words like "2mr", "tmr", "ia", "berti", "oml",", "iyain", "arv", "serv", "zibo", "sikh"... you get my drift.

Can we please just have standard English dictionary loaded up on Swype? No funny shortcut words imbued like "dun" and all. Because I believe that's up to the users themselves to add it in.

Of course, this should apply to all languages too!

Also, please PLEASE do not, or give us an option whether to add our contact's e-mail addresses, names and all into the dictionary. it's very annoying and I can't even remove their names from Swype. they just keep coming back.

many thanks from me and the Swyping community! just our many many cents.

(damn it, I should have made the poll to be a multiple choice'd one so people can vote on the features they want most.) do reply what features you want so we'll be heard!
    Last edited by Adevem; 11-27-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: 23/11 update! new suggestions!

As I posted in the English development forum,

"2moro, 2moro, I hate you, 2moro...."

The cutesie crap has got to go. It's giving me a brain 2mr.

Okay, I found a partial work-around that gets rid of the annoying choices...

In Swype options, under preferences, un-check Word Prediction: Predict words when typing in Swype.

You'll get the predictive text when you Swype words, by not when you type. It prevents the popups when entering numbers.

never had word prediction on cause swype's dictionary is utter crap. lol.

I don't understand why they don't just give us the option to view everything that is in the dictionary and give us the freedom to just scroll through it like a menu and delete/add what we want. It's just that simple to me. And then allowing this to be saved so we can use it in newer versions of Swype so we do not have to edit it again.

My problem is I can only delete words that I can see and the process of deleting a word takes way to long.

In summary:
    -Supply the dictionary as a list, file, menu, etc.
    -Allow us to edit the dictionary (add/delete) within this list, file, menu, etc.
    -Allow us to save this so it can be ported to new versions

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTang View Post
    I don't understand why they don't just give us the option to view everything that is in the dictionary and give us the freedom to just scroll through it like a menu and delete/add what we want. It's just that simple to me. And then allowing this to be saved so we can use it in newer versions of Swype so we do not have to edit it again.

My problem is I can only delete words that I can see and the process of deleting a word takes way to long.

In summary:
    -Supply the dictionary as a list, file, menu, etc.
    -Allow us to edit the dictionary (add/delete) within this list, file, menu, etc.
    -Allow us to save this so it can be ported to new versions
    word, exactly what i meant in my thread! but your explanation made it clearer.

i found more redundant words today, but i can't delete them as usual. "i/o". always interfering when i'm trying to swype "I'll".

Colored trial

I don't know if this feature is present or not but what I thought would be neat is to be able to change the color of the swype trail or have a rainbow of colors or a gradient trail. Anyways I'm still new to swype (used it for about a week) and I'm pretty used to it already.

I just started a post in the Captivate section on one of the issues you have mentioned link here I'm tired of changing "thou" to "you" everytime I swype it in. And to top it off, the "2mr", "tmr", "ia", "2moro" crap is making everyone think some random child stole my phone and is now texting them. It was bad enough when my older brothers started claiming I was adopted, but now they get the joy of claiming I'm a 14 year old girl?? Come on swype, who's side are you on??! My brothers still use qwerty keyboards!! Let's team up here ok?
    Last edited by Blueorion; 11-15-2010 at 8:37 AM. Reason: link I entered is not showing up

updated OP! added the new annoying pop-up regard "Password" security on the new BETA of Swype!

Quote Originally Posted by Adevem View Post
    Option to disable auto-save of new words : every time you enter a word that's not in the dictionary, it gets saved automatically. i hope that there's an option to turn this "feature" off.
    This is the #1 annoyance with swype. It seems to prefer these new words, so im constantly typing in something and it gets overridden by some accidental jibberish that its added to the dictionary.
    i was to type a new word, press space, and if i want to add it, press the swype button to make it save it in the dictionary.

+ Reply to Thread