+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO NOT POST requests for your device to include other languages!!!

DO NOT POST requests for your device to include other languages!!!

While we appreciate that everyone wants to use Swype in their favorite language, this subforum is for helping with new and existing language development, and NOT for requesting that your device include your favorite language. These decisions are 100% out of our hands! Language inclusion is decided by your wireless carrier, not SwypeInc! Let me repeat that, in big, red letters so you don't forget...

THIS FORUM IS NOT for asking about when new languages will be available for your device, or for requesting that you be able to use your favorite language on your favorite phone. SwypeInc does not control which languages are available on which devices; we only develop the languages.

Here is the list of languages that are currently supported, or under development:
    • Arabic
    • Basque
    • Bulgarian
    • Catalan
    • Chinese - Mandarin (simplified)
    • Chinese Traditional w/Bopomofo
    • Croatian
    • Czech
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • English - UK
    • English - US
    • Estonian
    • Farsi
    • Finnish
    • French
    • French Canadian
    • Galician
    • German
    • Greek
    • Hebrew
    • Hungarian
    • Icelandic
    • Indonesian
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Latvian
    • Lithuanian
    • Malay
    • Norwegian (Bokmål)
    • Norwegian (Nynorsk)
    • Polish
    • Portuguese - Brazil
    • Portuguese - Portugal
    • Romanian
    • Russian
    • Serbian (Latin KB)
    • Slovak
    • Slovenian
    • Spanish
    • Swedish
    • Thai
    • Turkish
    • Ukranian
    • Urdu
    • Vietnamese

Is it possible that you will add the language packs to the android market in the future? I am using a mytouch 3g slide, and while it does not come with a pre-installed danish dictionary, danish is one of the languages swype supports, so it would be nice to be able to add the danish dictionary to the swype vocabulary, as it's possible with other keyboards.

I know that you stated that you are not in control of which language is preinstalled on the phones, but I assume it is possible for you to add the allready developed dictionaries to the market, as is the case with slideit? (Swype works a lot better then slide it though!)

I have just downloaded new beta update and it is having just a few keyboard dictionaries (eg. Serbian is missing). It would be nice to have some way to download this additional dictionaries to the phone.. Either trough separate app (as it is now for the installer - easier and better by MHO) or through market.

And yes Swype is greeeatalicious! I am very impressed with the way you are able to input wors.. swyping is the keyboard redefined. Way the go!

Where I may download ru-en swype version?

Quote Originally Posted by brian.resnik View Post
    this subforum is for helping with new and existing language development, and NOT for requesting that your device include your favorite language.
    Allow me to direct your attention to the subforum description: "Request new languages, help create languages that are currently in development, and suggest improvements to existing language" (my bolding).

Quote Originally Posted by brian.resnik View Post
    These decisions are 100% out of our hands! Language inclusion is decided by your wireless carrier, not SwypeInc!
    I find this really hard to believe, since my acquiring Swype has had nothing to do with my carrier. If Swype had come preinstalled on the phone, it would've made sense...but it didn't, I downloaded it through the beta program. But sure, I'll call them (NetCom) and ask. I'll post back their reply, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "huh? this has nothing do to with us!".

Finally, lets return to the first quote..."favorite language".
    My native tongue isn't a language I merely prefer to speak, it's my primary language. If I was from the US, I'd probably be quite offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    Allow me to direct your attention to the subforum description: "Request new languages, help create languages that are currently in development, and suggest improvements to existing language" (my bolding).
    Sorry for the confusion. The distinction I'm making is between developing additional languages and asking that those (or any other) languages(s) be included on your preloaded device.. This IS the place to ask about new language development. This IS NOT the place to ask about having languages added to your device.

I find this really hard to believe, since my acquiring Swype has had nothing to do with my carrier. If Swype had come preinstalled on the phone, it would've made sense...but it didn't, I downloaded it through the beta program. But sure, I'll call them (NetCom) and ask. I'll post back their reply, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be "huh? this has nothing do to with us!".
    As a beta user, you're in the wrong area anyway You should be looking in the BETA -> Feature Requests subforum.
    Finally, lets return to the first quote..."favorite language".
    My native tongue isn't a language I merely prefer to speak, it's my primary language. If I was from the US, I'd probably be quite offended.
    "Favorite" is just my own way of speaking. My apologies if you were offended. I like to use colorful language instead of the old standards :P You can feel free to substitute "primary language" there when you read that sentence

Thats strange, i was invited by swype to join the beta program, so my carrier has nothing to do with it. I just need the Dutch languagepack or it's useless to me. my device did not come with Swype pre-installed.

Swype seems to only use beta testers not care about features for individuals but only for partners (carriers - phone manufactors etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by rolliradi8 View Post
    Swype seems to only use beta testers not care about features for individuals but only for partners (carriers - phone manufactors etc.)
    I agree they dont do too much of a good job listening to users they seem to just throw things out as they see fit... I dont see how if we were invited to use the beta my carrier would have something to do with what goes into my form of input ... my carrier only supports English and Spanish by the way soo why does my swype have German Chinese Portuguese French Italian .... they should let users pick what languages they want ... I vote for the creation of language packs!!

Language pack support

Language pack support via market is a great idea and reason for preferring alternative keyboard, at least for me whether operator decides to include or not... Currently using another keyboard just because of that. Further feature to be able to switch in between while typing is also important.

+ Reply to Thread