+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: "Application not licensed"

Exclamation License check failed

Device Make/Model: Nexus 5
    Wireless Carrier: Rostelecom
    Android Version: 4.4
    ROM Version (Stock? Custom ROM?): Stock
    Are you a root user? (If you don't know what this means then the answer is 'No.'): Yes
    Swype Version (Found in Settings > Preferences > About or Settings > Help) : 1.6.5.23769
    A detailed, step-by-step walkthrough on how to reproduce your problem: just point on any textfield and try to enter smth. Swype says that i don't have a license and suggest to buy it again. I have internet access almost all time. I beleive, that check fails because of alternate markets installed in my system(yandex store and f-droid).

BTW. Android Settings > Apps > Google Play and select “Clear Data" doesn't helps.

Shot in the dark.... Make sure your device has the correct date/time.

Missed phone is one of my main source of news and communications.

top4ek,

I've added your thread to the larger existing thread on the topic.

Try checking the following:

*Make sure that the account on your device is the same as the account you used to purchase Swype + Dragon. (check this via Settings > Accounts > Google)
    *Try signing into https://wallet.google.com/manage to verify that the app is not “refunded” nor “cancelled.” Swype + Dragon will display as “Nuance Communications, Inc – Swype” here.

If this still doesn't help, do you have multiple Google accounts on your device? How long have you had Swype, and how long have you had this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.W View Post
    top4ek,

*Make sure that the account on your device is the same as the account you used to purchase Swype + Dragon. (check this via Settings > Accounts > Google)
    *Try signing into https://wallet.google.com/manage to verify that the app is not “refunded” nor “cancelled.” Swype + Dragon will display as “Nuance Communications, Inc – Swype” here.

If this still doesn't help, do you have multiple Google accounts on your device? How long have you had Swype, and how long have you had this issue?

Thanks
    It's fine. I've found problem: it was in one "app for root" whom affected on market functions. it works now. thanks for reply.

Top4ek,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue on your own. We'll keep this in mind for future troubleshooting.

Thanks for the update!

top4ek,

Thanks
    Jacob,

This happens to me pretty frequently, and having to clear data/cache every time is not an acceptable solution. I have two Google accounts on my phone and bought swype through one of them. This is kind of an unacceptable bug, since there were a couple of times I needed to type an urgent message and swype prevented me from using the keyboard. I understand the need to prevent piracy of your app, but I paid for this app and I shouldn't have to deal with not being able to use it because of a bug with your protection scheme. Please fix this!!!

Thanks
    Last edited by bitenvy; 04-30-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added quote

Hi bitenvy,

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our licensing. For most users this is not a consistent issue and is typically resolved after following the steps given earlier in the thread.

Do you allow your Google account (the one with which you purchased Swype) to Sync (via Settings > Accounts > Google)?

Thanks

Hi bitenvy,

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our licensing. For most users this is not a consistent issue and is typically resolved after following the steps given earlier in the thread.

Do you allow your Google account (the one with which you purchased Swype) to Sync (via Settings > Accounts > Google)?

Thanks
    Yes, I allow it to "Sync App Data"

+ Reply to Thread