+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request - Swipe up for number

Request - Swipe up for number

Hi all,

I just installed swype two days ago an falling in love with it. Prediction is very good (i like how suggested words are smaller in font so i can see more of them). One feature i do not see on swype (or any other major keyboards on play store) is swype up for number/symbol/punctuation. As in if i swype up on the 'Q' key for number 1. I see a few request posts asking for shorter delay on long press, i think the swype up (or down) will make those user happy as well.

The only keyboard that i know that done this is Touchpal X. I dont like touchpal for my own reasons. If swype implement this feature i would definitely purchase it.

Thanks for the awesome keyboard.

It is easy in Swype to get to a complete number block for entering numbers by Swyping from the Swype-key to the letter T, that might also help you if you have to enter many numbers.
    The long press delay is adjustable from now on with the newest update, so that is another possibility

As far as punctuation is concerned, try swyping from your symbol to the space bar, this works for ", ?, !, @, : and / on my keyboard, might be an option for you as well.

Regards,
    Chris

P.S. Thanks Swype-Team for finally adding more and more customizability to Swype, this is a big step forward! Don't stop adding more of these

Perhaps a better way to accomplish this would be to have an optional dedicated number row. My Note 3 has more than enough room for this, and the built-in keyboard has one. I would find this to be really useful.

Hey guys,

We know number input from the main keyboard can be improved and we're looking into alternatives.

For now, Chris offers some great tips for fast number entry. Thanks Chris!

Acjohnson55, you can contribute to the main feature request for a dedicated number row at: http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...d-at-all-times

Thanks all!

i assume you are saying for long strings of numbers, holding the letter to get a number isn't the best, right?

so what i do for long strings of numbers, if you swype from the swype key in the bottom left to the number 5, the number pad opens and this works for me...

Quote Originally Posted by smithilberry View Post
    i assume you are saying for long strings of numbers, holding the letter to get a number isn't the best, right?

so what i do for long strings of numbers, if you swype from the swype key in the bottom left to the number 5, the number pad opens and this works for me...
    Right. That was Chris87's first suggestion.
    Swype 1.5.15.19977 (Current) / HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7) / Swype 1.6.5.23769 (Prior; Reverted Due To Lag & Slowness), 1.4.9.13905 (Prior)
    Swype User Since April 2010 (Windows Mobile)

i second sumasage feature request!

i come from SlideIt which (along with Touchpal) also does this and it's blazing fast to type numbers this way. It's a godsend

Hi all,
    Those who recommend to swipe to 5 for number pad didn't used TouchPal yet. Because that is! In TouchPal with a single swipe up you get the number. One move, one number. It's annoying to open the number pad and come back.
    Unfortunately I see a lot of sustaining for an entire row with numbers (as TouchPal already has this option), but it's eating space.
    It will be great to implement this function like in TouchPal (one swipe up = one number), as the initiator of this post requests.
    Tx

Exclamation

+100000 for swiping both for numbers and for symbols like touchpal does. It's impressive and It would be THE solution.

Not implemented yet... Still annoying when you want to work fast with few numbers...

+ Reply to Thread