+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duplicating words after pressing space & backspace

Duplicating words after pressing space & backspace

Hello, if anyone could help me with this problem I would be in your debt. I get a weird bug (If it even is a bug), where I type a word in any sort of text box besides the messaging app, and right after I hit space, it copies the word twice. Not to mention it does the same thing while hitting backspace, but symbols will not duplicate like normal text characters. Here is a video to specifically show you what my problem is. P.S I'm sorry if there is another thread with this same "bug".

The linked video is set to "private", you need to change it to "public".

Hey JPerullas,

A few questions about your bug so we can look into it.

What device are you using?
    What Swype version are you using? (found in Settings > Preferences or in Settings > Help for newer versions)
    What Android version do you have? (found in Settings > About device > Android version)
    What app is this happening in? Is it a specific web browser?

And as mcarver2000 points out, it would help if the video were set to "public" so we can see the bug in action.

Thanks!

My wife is having the same issue with her phone. It is an LG Motion 4G running Android 4.0.4. Swype version 3.26.92.39343.
    She says it's hardest to fill out forms on webpages. Her browser is either Chrome our metroweb (came preloaded on the phone from MetroPCS, our service provider).

My Android 4.1.2 Razr HD System 9.18.79 just starting doing the same thing, in my email--Chrome--gmail. I hit the backspace X key as well as the move to the right key. Whatever I've typed is repeated.
    As well when I hit a letter in my recipient field to search for an email address, the address is retrieved but the letter that I typed stays in the field. When I try to delete the letter, it just recreates more of the letters each time I hit the backspace X. I've rebooted as well as turned swype off and then back on and the same thing happens. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hey all,

@ verboten the Swype version your wife has is pretty old. We have since implemented many fixes that address issues with web browsers.

@lillydeh it sounds like you may also be using a slightly older version of Swype.

For your cases, the best solution is to contact your wireless carrier or device maker and let them know that you want an update for Swype! Unfortunately, we at Swype have no ability to update end-users of pre-installed versions.

In the meantime, you can try the latest Trial version of Swype + Dragon available on the Google Play store to verify that the issues you are seeing have been fixed. If not, definitely let us know!

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try and post if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.W View Post
    Hey all,

@ verboten the Swype version your wife has is pretty old. We have since implemented many fixes that address issues with web browsers.

@lillydeh it sounds like you may also be using a slightly older version of Swype.

For your cases, the best solution is to contact your wireless carrier or device maker and let them know that you want an update for Swype! Unfortunately, we at Swype have no ability to update end-users of pre-installed versions.

In the meantime, you can try the latest Trial version of Swype + Dragon available on the Google Play store to verify that the issues you are seeing have been fixed. If not, definitely let us know!

Thanks

have you checked whether the messaging function in your mobile has dictionary option switched off I think the device is recommending you words from the dictionary.

+ Reply to Thread