Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "'Hidden' Word" Tip Notification

"'Hidden' Word" Tip Notification

I use a lot of user-entered words in my day-to-day phone typing (or should I say "Swyping?") and there are times that I try to type a word already in the Swype dictionary and it thinks I'm trying to type one of my custom words. I then slide across my desired word on the word menu to select it. However, every single time this happens, I get the notification window telling me that "the word [I] just entered was 'hidden' by the word that was previously added to your Swype dictionary..."

I'm hoping I'm going to look like an idiot and someone is going to tell me where in the menu the option to turn this off is; however I've searched many times and I think my request is better posed as "Can there please be an option to turn this off?"

Thanks!
    Last edited by rob.boehm; 10-31-2011 at 1:24 PM.

Also, if I'm allowed to add feature requests here, disabling automatically entering words into the custom dictionary would be very nice. I (would) type many single-use words that I would never use again, and I'd rather that I have to manually add those words to the dictionary rather than have 1,000 words added. Adding on to this, a feature to view the current custom dictionary (and to delete these words) would be awesome as well.

It seems to that I am getting the hidden work pop-up much more in the new beta. Today I actually had it tell me that the work if was hidden by the word of! I would suggest an option of doing away with the pop-up tip and replacing it with some kind of indicator that can just be ignored if one chooses while continuing to swype.

Additionally I am constantly getting the word "work" hidden by "woel". I never enter woel and even after I delete it it keeps coming back.

Agreed!!!

This is my #1 (and only, I think!) complaint with Swype - the hidden word "tip" pops up so often now it's getting ridiculous. There needs to be an option to turn this off. Ideally there would be an option to:

a) completely turn off the notification

b) remind you the first time a particular word was hidden, but after that it never fires again

c) as is, "verbose mode"

If there can only be one, please make it "disable" (a).

Thanks!!!

JT

Thumbs up

Disabling the notice gets my vote, big time.

Ditto - I've actually moved away to Swiftkey after the latest beta as I was getting so annoyed with the 'hidden word' popup - it take a bit to get out of the way of Swyping things though!

Hey folks,

Thanks for the feedback. The "hidden word" popup is an ongoing issue for us that is, unfortunately, not too high on the priority list. We've just added a bunch of new staff, though, so if all goes according to plan we'll have more time and energy to give to some of these types of issues.

The hidden word dialog is an annoyance for all of us staffers, too, so you can trust that we'll be addressing it as soon as we're able to! Not sure if it'll be an option to disable the feature entirely, have it display one time for each hidden word only, or some other solution, but it'll be something, I promise

I think it's about time to move the "hidden word" popup near the top of the list. The people who use the program are on top of things, technologically speaking, and seldom need this warning. Being the same tech-wise people, we also know that there are other options out there for convenient keyboards. I already know for a fact that Swype has lost users over this issue. It can't be marketed as the fastest way to type if it's constantly hindered by its own software.

Can't Think of a More Pressing Change

Swype has been a very mature product from day one. Indeed, I can't think of a feature that's missing. It was going well until the most recent update, where two things happened. The first is that the stored words get higher precedence, even without the hidden word menu. The second, of course, is the horrible hidden word popup. I find that deleting the word I am trying to Swype and doing it again is quicker. So I want to add my voice to the crowd that this should be fixed as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyTz View Post
    This is my #1 (and only, I think!) complaint with Swype - the hidden word "tip" pops up so often now it's getting ridiculous. There needs to be an option to turn this off. Ideally there would be an option to:

a) completely turn off the notification

b) remind you the first time a particular word was hidden, but after that it never fires again

c) as is, "verbose mode"

If there can only be one, please make it "disable" (a).

Thanks!!!

JT
    What he/she said!! ^^^^

Only complaint!

==> Re-arrange your priorities to address the only complaint that 80% of SWYPE users agree on.

Closed Thread