+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Add option to display 0-9 row on top of keyboard at all times.

Add option to display 0-9 row on top of keyboard at all times.

I know it's not necessarily a small feature, but having a separate row for number keys would be great for some of us.

(I am so thrilled to be using Swype again!)

We know that number input on the primary keyboard could be improved and we are looking into ways to do this. We have this logged as a recommended feature request, but it is not tied to a specific release or timeline.

-Swype Community Management

It doesn't have to be a separate row, but I find the layout of the number keys on the main keyboard to be awkward and best and annoying at worst. I would much prefer to have the number keys available across the top row of keys rather than the numpad style layout in the middle of the keyboard... that is just not where a touch typist expects to find the numbers (or at least this touch typist).
    -- Swype v2.15.56.14870
    -- Sprint Evo 4G

Agreed. I hate the stupid number layout. I'm desperately looking for a swype alternative because of this.

It's annoying because if you ever see Swype's number input window, it's really really nice.

You can see it if you go to Settings -> Date and Time -> Set Time.

Hit one of the number input windows, and you'll see the number only. There should be a way to toggle to this menu from the swype keyboard.

Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. There are ineffective, inefficient, and unnatural, especially for a phone keyboard. When you type in a phone number, you need a 123, 456, 789, 0 layout. And this is a phone.

My advice? Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by belomeclone View Post
    Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. ... And this is a phone.
    My advice? Get used to it.
    That logic would have us getting rid of qwerty keyboards. Phones don't have qwerty keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by oodlexaps View Post
    That logic would have us getting rid of qwerty keyboards. Phones don't have qwerty keyboards.
    How does that logic get rid of QWERTY keyboards? They're QWERTY keyboards, not 123456 keyboards. To type on a phone, you want a QWERTY keyboard. To enter numbers on a phone, you want a traditional phone layout.

Quote Originally Posted by belomeclone View Post
    Number Bars are awful. No one should be asking for them. There are ineffective, inefficient, and unnatural, especially for a phone keyboard. When you type in a phone number, you need a 123, 456, 789, 0 layout. And this is a phone.
    Really? Because I'm using a Galaxy Tab which comes with Swype pre-installed and a number row would be perfect for this device - which is a tablet. Not a phone.

Kermit Woodall
    http://kermitwoodall.com

Fifth Number Row option for qHD+ resolutions

This may not be feasible on lower res screens, but for those with either qHD+ resolution or a lower density setting set; can you add an option to add a 5th row for numbers?

Long-pressing for numbers or pressing Sym (or Sym to 5) works, but its not as efficient and quick as I want it to be.

This would be great. I would love a dedicated number row.

+ Reply to Thread