+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swype on Play Store... what happend with beta testers?

Swype on Play Store... what happend with beta testers?

Hello, congratulations for the good news about Play Store...
    I've a question about all of us, that we are "beta testers"... we have to buy Swype, from now? or we can continue like now?
    Now the price of the keyboard is great but I dont know if I should buy it? or can I continue like now...

Thanks

ditto this question.

I've got no problem paying $1 for the Swype keyboard (I paid four times that for SwiftKey back before I decided on the Swype Beta), but my main question is which will be more "up to date"? Currently my beta is at 1.4.9.13905, and I see that the version on Play Store is 1.5.0... are there any differences between the versions? Will the beta upgrade to 1.5.0 soon? (checking for updates in the app yields no results) and will the beta still get new features sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by adipesh View Post
    ditto this question.

I've got no problem paying $1 for the Swype keyboard (I paid four times that for SwiftKey back before I decided on the Swype Beta), but my main question is which will be more "up to date"? Currently my beta is at 1.4.9.13905, and I see that the version on Play Store is 1.5.0... are there any differences between the versions? Will the beta upgrade to 1.5.0 soon? (checking for updates in the app yields no results) and will the beta still get new features sooner?
    I've noticed a huge improvement in next word prediction as well as still being much more accurate than SK Flow, while keeping gestures (my biggest reasoning for abandoning Flow), well worth the .99 American
    I'd also like to know if the beta will still be around and supported in case, like every other paid keyboard app I've tried, it turns stupid broken at some point and I want to revert back to beta. I haven't deleted 1.49 yet just in case.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

And will we be able to disable Dragon Dictation, or, ideally, remove it completely?

EDIT: downloaded the free version: DD is still there and although you can disable it, there still doesn't appear to be any way to use GV instead - this is a deal-breaker for me, unfortunately.
    Last edited by antowen; 04-24-2013 at 9:51 AM. Reason: Additional info.

It's actually a good thing we're paying now: Swype's team really has to listen now. Congrats on releasing...fingers crossed that many of the very often requested features were implemented?

EDIT:

1) Voice key can be disabled! Hooooray!
    2) Period is back in the Symbols layout!
    3) Comma shortcut / .com confusion bug has been eliminated!

Things that didn't make it:

1) Changing the delay to insert a number by long-pressing the top row of letters (this is the only major one for me)
    2) Percent is still on the 2nd Symbols menu instead of the 1st. I would argue that the percent sign is more common than the + or = keys.
    3) Text expansion

~Ibrahim~
    Last edited by ikjadoon; 04-24-2013 at 8:39 AM.

Yeah, I'm curious too.

I have the beta on my Nexus 10 and it came on my Atrix HD (version 3.26??).

1. Are there differences in the beta and the new version? I will pay the .99, but I want to know what I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by ikjadoon View Post
    It's actually a good thing we're paying now: Swype's team really has to listen now. Congrats on releasing...fingers crossed that many of the very often requested features were implemented?

EDIT:

1) Voice key can be disabled! Hooooray!
    2) Period is back in the Symbols layout!
    3) Comma shortcut / .com confusion bug has been eliminated!

Things that didn't make it:

1) Changing the delay to insert a number by long-pressing the top row of letters (this is the only major one for me)
    2) Percent is still on the 2nd Symbols menu instead of the 1st. I would argue that the percent sign is more common than the + or = keys.
    3) Text expansion

~Ibrahim~
    Thanks! Your posts just got me to pay .99. Particularly for number 1 and 2 of the changes. I also like the AOSP style skin.

Beta still going on, if you want to have not-so-tested but new-features-packed Swype versions apply in the Beta Group and keep using that.
    I am thinking to buy the Store version anyway to support development.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...Swype-Beta-FAQ

EDIT: and I bought it, please update and let me download the latest beta as well because I'd like to keep using and trying both.
    Last edited by teorouge; 04-24-2013 at 9:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teorouge View Post
    Beta still going on, if you want to have not-so-tested but new-features-packed Swype versions apply in the Beta Group and keep using that.
    I am thinking to buy the Store version anyway to support development.

http://forum.swype.com/showthread.ph...Swype-Beta-FAQ

EDIT: and I bought it, please update and let me download the latest beta as well because I'd like to keep using and trying both.
    Thank you very much!

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

As much as I like it on my Rezound phone, I'm most happy with the bug fixes on my larger screen tablets,a Nexus7 and Tab 10.1. Split or shrink on the Nexus7 in portrait was a must have that's been addressed and the keyboard overlaying the text input field on both devices when in non full sized mode has also been fixed on mine.
    Thank you very much Nuance

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><

+ Reply to Thread