+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero-width non-joiner

Exclamation Zero-width non-joiner

Hey,

In correct Persian writing, some words must be written with zero-width non-joiner character. (e.g. "ها", which is like "s" in English and turns a word into it's plural form, must be connected to the words with ZWNJ) So, the ISIRI 9147 which indicates "Layout of Persian letters and symbols on computer keyboards" says that shift + B05 (B key) is U+200C (ZWNJ character). But, I can't find ZWNJ character in Swype's Persian layout.

Is it possible to somehow add that key to the Persian layout?

p.s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-width_non-joiner

Currently, you cannot directly enter zero width non-joiner (ZWNJ) on our Persian keyboard. However, try tapping or Swyping the word you want without the ZWNJ. For many words, Swype should offer the word with ZWNJ as a candidate in the selection list above the keyboard.

For example, tapping or Swyping "میکنم" should give "می*کنم" (with ZWNJ) as one of the candidates. "اینها" should give you "این*ها" as a candidate, etc.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you find that Swype is missing words that need ZWNJ.

Edit: Apparently our forum doesn't play well with ZWNJs; it is replacing them with asterisks.
    Last edited by Ryan Cross; 04-19-2013 at 3:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cross View Post
    Currently, you cannot directly enter zero width non-joiner (ZWNJ) on our Persian keyboard. However, try tapping or Swyping the word you want without the ZWNJ. For many words, Swype should offer the word with ZWNJ as a candidate in the selection list above the keyboard.

For example, tapping or Swyping "میکنم" should give "می*کنم" (with ZWNJ) as one of the candidates. "اینها" should give you "این*ها" as a candidate, etc.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you find that Swype is missing words that need ZWNJ.

Edit: Apparently our forum doesn't play well with ZWNJs; it is replacing them with asterisks.
    Unfortunately, my Swype doesn't offer "می*کنم" after Swyping "میکنم", or "این*ها" after Swyping "اینها" in the selection list; although, it has the words with ZWNJ in it's dictionary! (When I enter those words with another keyboard which supports ZWNJ and then I switch to Swype, I see them and their similar words with ZWNJ in Swype's selection list.) Could you please help me with this problem?

+Is there any chance to see ZWNJ in future releases of Swype?

Any reason for Swype not suggesting e.g. "می*کنم" after typing "میکنم" while it has the word in its dictionary?!

Is there any plan to add ZWNJ to Persian keyboard. I'm a fan of Swype keyboard, but it's really annoying that it doesn't support ZWNJ. The only thing that makes me to switch to other keyboards is the lack of ZWNJ!
    Last edited by iiriix; 12-25-2013 at 12:38 AM.

ZWNJ Support

While trying to make my swype work on my device today, I came across your keyboard. Even though it is an amazing app, but it is a pity that you have missed ZWNJ in your design. It is available by default in Android Open Source Project keyboard.

Looking forward to seeing that missing character in next versions.

ZWNJ, numbers

Add zero with non joiner, it's necessary in Persian . (I tried to add with another keyboard and add the word to Swype dictionary, but still it doesn't suggest)

Make Farsi numbers primary, not long press key.

( ) [ ] { } < > this characters shown Vice versa in right to left languages.

Please add Kashida U+0640 to Persian keyboard.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashida

Sorry for my poor English.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Shahryar84,

I've merged your thread with an existing one on the same topic. This makes it easier to gauge user interest and it keeps things a little more organized.

We have a few feature requests logged internally around ZWNJ and we're still considering our options. It has been a decent amount of time since this issue was flagged, but we are looking into it. Despite our interest in this one, it is still a lower priority than some of the other changes we're looking to make.

Thank you for your feedback

I want tell my friend to come to the Swype, but still no ZWNJ in last update and its make people don't buy it. Swiftkey and Google keyboard have it!

In New update, in Farsi layout you moved # character to long press and select action!
    We use it a lot in Twitter and other social networks.

+ Reply to Thread