+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swype keyboard slow to load since android 4.1.2 update

Swype keyboard slow to load since android 4.1.2 update

Hi, I have a Galaxy S3 from Sprint. I just recently did the Jelly bean 4.1.2 update on my Non-rooted phone. Since then the Swype keyboard is not working right. It takes up to 15 second for the keyboard to come up most times. I switched to the Samsung keyboard and that works fine. The swype version I am running is 1.4.1.11684 which was pre-loaded on the phone when I got it. I have tried searching for a solution, but I don't see any problems similar to mine. Any help would be appreciated, as I much prefer swype to the samsung keyboard.

Hi danielle,

For help with pre-installed versions of Swype your best bet is to contact your wireless carrier or the OEM for support. They're better suited to help you with this issue.

In the meantime, you can try the latest version of the Swype Beta available at our website: http://beta.swype.com/

Thanks!

Ok. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.W View Post
    Hi danielle,

For help with pre-installed versions of Swype your best bet is to contact your wireless carrier or the OEM for support. They're better suited to help you with this issue.

In the meantime, you can try the latest version of the Swype Beta available at our website: http://beta.swype.com/

Thanks!
    This is where I gotta call bull****. You say you won't sell Swype because you don't want to support it, yet when someone has an issue with the OEM version, that supposedly you do support, you don't do zip.

Fabulous business model you have going.

Quote Originally Posted by danielle View Post
    Hi, I have a Galaxy S3 from Sprint.
    I have the same phone but with Verizon and have had no keyboard issues from 4.1.2. If you don't get any support from Sprint (likely), try installing Swiftkey Flow. It works quite well, different than Swype, but just as good in its own way.

I am having the similar issue with my keyboard, I will try to install Swiftkey hope this works well.
    Last edited by JoshHayward; 03-08-2013 at 2:11 AM.

Actually, what I did was enable the version the phone came with and installed the beta. This is now working fine. I did not feel like dealing with sprint or samsung to get the pre-installed version working. I am happy with this outcome, actually I like the beta swype better than my pre-installed one.

I, too, notice my Swype (beta version 1.4.9.13905) is very slow to load if. Mine doesn't take 15 seconds like the OP's does, but it typically takes 3-5 seconds. I did not notice this with the built-in version of Swype, nor with SwiftKey or the stock keyboard. I have since flashed AOKP 4.2.2 on my phone and reinstalled Swype beta and still have the issue. I do not use any task killers.

Very similar issues here but with a Galaxy S2 except the stock installed Swype says that it is a license expiry issue and to contact Swype (not OEM, not carrier). Beta 1.3.5 installed and pop-up says latest build is installed. But when you try and type something the phone stalls, the Swype logo appears in the notification window saying there is a new version to install (but goes to launcher which says no new version is available).

CPU use skyrockets and starts eating battery. Other keyboards (including Samsung stock) work without delay loading or excessive resource use.

maybe not

Verizon Note 2 Stock keyboard supports Swype at least as well as Swype and was unaffected by latest os update the way Swype keyboard was. So long Swype. ..

+ Reply to Thread