Swype Beta September 2010 Update!
We're pleased to announce that as of 7PM EST tonight, we've begun rolling out our latest beta update. This update is for existing users only. We will not be opening the beta test to additional members at this time. Current users will begin receiving emails shortly. Please DO NOT try to update until you've gotten an email. You won't be able to, and it will only slow the down the system.
Users will receive their emails in chronological order based on the date of registration.
ATTENTION: You must uninstall the old SwypeInstaller and Swype packages from your device before upgrading.
--Changes in this version of Swype--
- Added German and Portuguese languages (most requested by users)
- Added the auto-space suppression short-cut gesture: Swype from the spacebar to backspace
- Added the quick language switch short-cut gesture: Swype from the Swype Key to the Q key
- Improved the word prediction algorithm to provide better support for additional languages
- Improved handling of several gesture collisions, including want/wasn't, to/too and others
- The Android IME no longer sometimes hangs/crashes when Swype scrapes the user's address book for dictionary entries
- Tips and help menus now accessible when a password field is active
- Backspace now works in applications which use raw key input instead of an editable text field (e.g. terminal emulator)
- The single character "i" is no longer incorrectly auto-capitalized in non-English languages (reported by many of you!)
- Tons of other minor bug-fixes, including many device-specific issues