+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove unnecessary proper nouns from the default dictionary !!

Remove unnecessary proper nouns from the default dictionary !!

1) This is one of the most retarded things I've found while using swype (HTC DNA / Jelly Bean / latest swype beta)...
    - I get the most obscure names of people when swyping patterns for simple words...eg when swyping for the word "bands", I get the default result as "Banff".
    - I have not enabled syncing of any contacts from Gmail, Facebook, etc into my dictionary, this is a fresh swype install and I have enabled Nuance etc.
    - I have not enabled the Living Language feature
    - I dont even have anyone with such a name in any of my contacts lists and I've seen dozens of other ridiculous names popping up as default results when using swype....so I'm pretty sure that these words are already there in the default swype dictionary....

2) There is no way to even view / remove such words other than to long-press & delete every time I find such a nuisance...and new names like this keep popping up all time....
    Besides, since adding new words into the swype dictionary is a default action, if a user needs to add people's names into the dictionary they just have to spell them out once and they'll be added anyways....

Agree. Swype was far more accurate in the past. Accurate is when it picks the right word. There should be an option to disable recent"enhancements"

Angry

Old thread, but please implement this. Driving me insane. Getting to the point where I'm typing words rather than swyping to avoid them

Bumping this up instead of making a new thread, this is the bane of my existence using Swype, almost to the point of uninstalling it. Nearly once per time I use Swype, it inserts a foreign name instead of a completely normal word I'm typing. It's beyond infuriating and should be able to be turned of at the least.

I absurdly (I Swyped absolutely and got absurdly as the primary word and then these other ridiculous choices: absolutist, assuredly, ambiguously and assiduously plus another 7 choices which were simpler words but not
    even close) agree that a simple, and I mean very simple dictionary should be given as an option. After sweeping (I swyped 'swyping' and it's not even in their f'ing dictionary!!!) and say, a 15 word text
    it's not uncommon to have to fix at least 4-5 words many of which are proper names or just plain absurd words that nobody ever uses. Do the developers realize that people intentionally use
    simple words in texts? Nobody is trying to write a manuscript for the New Yorker magazine for Christ's sake!!!

Now maybe there is an option for a simpler dictionary but I haven't heard about it...if anyone knows, please let me know!!

Next problem with a recent update of theirs is that the addition of all those f'ing emojis, for some reason, it won't populate email addresses anymore...WTF!!!

People have been complaining about the 'stupid word' problem for years now but nothing changes...I'll bet the developers all use iPhones or a standard keyboard so wtf would they know about what we're talking about!!!

+ Reply to Thread